Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Newby to Trophy forum  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Binnsyboy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy se
  • City / Town: Selby
Newby to Trophy forum
« on: March 16, 2013, 08:43:43 PM »
           So Picked up a launch model pre reg'd SE almost 2 wks ago with 160 mls on clock from A1 Moto in York. Made a good saving on new so well pleased about that as I am a typical tight Yorkshire man :745:.
            Any way a brief recent history just to bore you all. Had one of the original 1200 Trophy's years ago I eventually ended up (after a good few more various bikes) with a 54 plate Sprint RS. Loved it to bits (totally reliable) but after 5.5yrs happy ownership and the kids grown up we started doing doing longer trips.The RS was perfectly up to the job but my wrists and knees couldn't take it any more so off to the dealers for a test ride on a Sprint Gt. Much to my dissapointment the riding position was no better and the luggage on the Tiger seemed too small to be worth it.
              So I ended up defecting to BMW with a 09 plate K1300 GT SE. A truly awsome bike to ride for sure but a bit antiseptic all the same. Just one problem! "THE MOST UNRELIABLE BIKE I HAVE EVER OWNED" also very hard to maintain due to needing stacks of special tools.
               Anyway fitted the satnav bkt today found it easy enough(no special tools required) and had my first little ride today. Good choice this is one ace bike!
               So glad to be back on a big Triumph.Come on all you BM boys get yourself some British Steel you wont be dissapointed!
                Hope to meet you guy's some time soon THE SUMMERS COMING!!!!
                                                 :821:

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: Newby to Trophy forum
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 09:32:20 PM »
Welcome. Glad you are enjoying your new steed. I reckong we are getting enough new UK owners to consider a meet up in Summer. Somewhere central.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Binnsyboy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 07:46:11 AM »
     Sounds good to me! Its probably too far north but Squires cafe @ Newthorpe bridge is a good spot.Check out their website www.squirescafe.co.uk.
      Decent food,frothy cofee,pub, accessory shop and also camping on site.And lots and lots of bikes of all types to see.Quite a few events put on thriugh the year!!

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 11:18:24 AM »
Squires sounds good to me. It is about 1.5 hours from Nottingham (gfs house). Lets think about a date when the weather gets better.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Binnsyboy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 07:03:19 PM »
Copy that! :028:

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 07:16:07 PM »
Count me in, I have just joined the forum and am bowled over by this bike it is awesome.
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline Wscad

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Yorkshire
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 08:06:11 PM »
Can I come along  :440:

Offline Binnsyboy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 07:05:11 PM »
     Sounds like we got ourselves a posse! We will have to meet at Squires (the milk bar to us locals out here in the sticks) and go round up a few of them there BM's and collect some scalps! Only joking.Could extract the urine though :745: And if its a good day ride up to Seaways cafe at Fridaythorpe unless anyones got a better plan!

tweedy-bunch