Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Headlight misalignment  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Spudly

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Batley
Headlight misalignment
« on: June 25, 2014, 06:05:55 pm »
Had my 2014 TTSE in for it's first service today,I asked them to look at the headlamp alignment,as the right lamp is quite a bit higher than the left and dazzles traffic. Well got a call from dealer saying it was ready to collect,but,they couldn't adjust the lamps and it will need a new headlight assy. Told them to keep it until its done. Has anyone managed to adjust the headlights individually? Going on hols to Germany a week on Saturday, hope it's fixed by then.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Headlight misalignment
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 06:51:00 pm »
The design of the headlight assembly allows you to adjust horizontally.... but unfortunately not vertically beyond the adjustment it gives you in the bike setup.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Spudly

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 11:10:58 pm »
Well that's a bit of rubbish design , I will ask to see the defective unit when I collect it. Also it's not very good that it came out of the factory past quality control and it wasn't picked up on pdi , disappointed.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 09:42:23 am »
Hi Spudly,

I've heard of this before and it CAN be that the headlamp bulb is not located correctly in the mounting hole !

See : Headlight Alignment

The headlamp bulbs are really awkward to get at, and have to be fitted by "feel" more than by sight.
It's easy to put them in with one ( or even both ) not quite located correctly,
causng the beam pattern for an incorrectly located bulb to be deflected upwards.

If you have one beam noticably higher than the other, check that bulb is fitted correctly :

You would "hope" that the Dealer has checked this before condemning the complete Headlamp assembly  :159:

Worth checking it yourself too though -
First off have a look in through the clear front lense so you can see the bulbs,
and see if there is any slight difference in the way they sit.

Following the guide on HOW TO : Replace headlamp bulb, & front Position / Parking bulbs
compare the photograph of a correctly bulb with yours to see if there is any noticable difference :028:

Offline Spudly

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 10:16:08 pm »
Thanks for the info coconut, I had looked at the bulbs and they did look to be seated correctly, I decided as it was going for service I would let the dealer look at it. They have been very good about it and triumph okay'd the replacement straight away ,they informed me today that it should be with them tomorow,so, with luck I might get it back late afternoon if they can get it through the workshop,the mechanic said it would take half a day to fit.

Offline jaapvanthoff

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE my2014
  • City / Town: Rotterdam
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 07:19:33 am »
@ Studly:

Do you know what the course was for the mis aliment?
My TTSE (1,050km old) has the same problem. The left beam is at a distance of 4 meters from a wall about 15-20 cm higher than the right beam.
If I look through the lens, it seems the left bulb is urn a bit, but it is fitted ok.
My dealer ordered a new set, hope I get it before my holidays.

Jaap
TTSE bleu
Dneper MT 16
ex: BMW R1200RT :-))
Some Saabs, Daimler serie 3

tweedy-bunch