Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: R&G Crash Bar - followup question  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Edmonton
R&G Crash Bar - followup question
« on: June 25, 2014, 06:37:35 pm »
I went online to order the crash bars today following the sound advice I received in the forum.  Question.. the only model of crash bars that were listed were for the 2013 TT.  Will these fit the 2014 TT?  I assume there has been no change between 2013 & 2014 model years but I want to make sure before spending the dollars.  Thanks all for your great input.

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
Re: R&G Crash Bar - followup question
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 06:46:54 pm »
*Originally Posted by Scotty [+]
I went online to order the crash bars today following the sound advice I received in the forum.  Question.. the only model of crash bars that were listed were for the 2013 TT.  Will these fit the 2014 TT?  I assume there has been no change between 2013 & 2014 model years but I want to make sure before spending the dollars.  Thanks all for your great input.
The only difference between the 2013 (at least if all recalls are done)  and 2014 TTSE are a few stamps, such as Vin numbers and such. And in some cases, the rear mud guard.

The crash bars  will fit fine and will even include the longer bolt for the later TTSE's with the new side stand bracket.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 07:41:02 pm »
Thanks Very Much

Offline venomyellow

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Rocket 14 K1600
  • City / Town: Stratford Upon Avon
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 08:37:44 pm »
Well worth getting and there's even a tutorial on here by Coconut on how to fit them (that's presuming you're doing the work yourself)

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 11:43:49 pm »
Mine is a 2014 Australian model, and the r&g bars fit

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 05:50:24 am »
Thanks everyone... How difficult  is the assembly?   I am not super mechanical and do not know my way around the bike as it is brand new.  Just don't want to bite off more than I can chew.  I will review the assembly material provided by coconut as well.  Thanks

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 08:19:20 am »
*Originally Posted by Scotty [+]
Thanks everyone... How difficult  is the assembly?   I am not super mechanical and do not know my way around the bike as it is brand new.  Just don't want to bite off more than I can chew.  I will review the assembly material provided by coconut as well.  Thanks
It's time consuming and you will have plastic parts everywhere that you will need to put in places where nobody will step on any of them. If there's any other work you need to do, such as wire in a GPS or dual horns, etc., that will be the time to do those jobs as well.

But if you can follow Coconut's excellent  instructions on how to remove the fairing, you should have no problem, but it will take some time (many hours) to complete the job. But look at it this way, it's just unscrewing a lot of bolts and such. There is no reason to pay anybody else to do what you can do just as well.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 09:09:49 am »
Hi Scotty,

Difficult to judge by your description of not being "super mechanical",
but that leads me to ask if you have enough of the right tools to do the job ?

Because you need to remove engine mounting bolts to fit the R & G Bars,
you should have a "Torque Wrench" - to make sure they are tightened back up to the right "tightness".
You will also need a good Metric socket / spanner set, preferably with some extension bars,
and the right size Allen Key. ( There's one of those in the Triumph Tool Kit - IIRC it was 6mm ).

The actual job is not that difficult, just takes time and care, and can be made easier
with the help of an assistant to support the Bars while fitting them  :028:

HOW TO : Remove the Fairing and fit R & G Adventure Bars