* Recent New Topics

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Lowering kit  (Read 26432 times)

Offline frojo47

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy 1200 se
  • City / Town: Catterall
Lowering kit
« on: June 27, 2014, 10:38:00 am »
The world is a brighter place. Went on the vulcan trip , mainly to meet up with names and thats is what I did ,I met Geoff. Really nice bloke who had happened to have fit an adjustable lowering kit to his blue. After having a quick sit on , that was it. Im 5ft 7in so flat footing was good news. Got home ebay on and bought a lust racing lowering kit £69.00 delivered next day. this kit comprises of two plates in black similar to what you will be removing, not adjustable, but reduce ride height by 20mm. Follow instructions , simple drop fork legs through yokes by 14mm and bobs your uncle. Ihavnt needed to alter centre stand dimensions or side stand, and what a difference, the best mod so far. Frojo :046: :046: :046:
when the world goes bad remember being in that special place "the bubble of joy" behind the screen listening to howlin wolf

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
Re: Lowering kit
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:14:39 am »
Frojo

It was good to meet up with everyone. Great day out too.

Do you have any photos of the installation or finished product. I also sat on his bike and was very comfortable for as you say getting both feet flat down.

Back offshore now. Next trip home is the Scottish trip up to Applecross.

seadog
seadog

Offline gtgt2112

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: Manchester
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 03:53:59 pm »
Nice to have met you all. Will have a look at moving the forks, hadn't thought of that. I only had real trouble when the fuel tank was full and with full luggage, you chaps must be beefier than me. Would be interesting to try out the relative ease of getting the bikes on the centre stand between the standard and my short stand with both bikes full of fuel and luggage fitted.

Well off to France in just over two weeks, have fitted the Michelin pilot 4 tyres. My normal rule is to make no changes to the bike in the last two weeks before a trip, once went on a trip with a guy who had had his bike serviced the day before we were to set off, the mechanic had not fitted the cam box properly massive oil leak as we set off horrible start to the trip for him.

My last two trips saw the K1200 let me down, last trip it came back on a trailer. It wont happen this time, just need to some sun, wine and good roads.

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 04:27:55 pm »
Mine has the Lust links as well and the forks up in the clamps 12.5 mm.  The only trick is being very careful how you raise the fork legs in the clamps.  Somewhere on the web is a video that is very good regarding this since you need to loosen the axle, brake calipers, fender bolts, etc., and have a good digital caliper to read from the clamp to the top of the tube or cap at the same point on each side.  If you don't follow this method you could end up with the front wheel in a different vertical plane than the rear which may cause issues.  I can't remember where I found the link on the forks, but an internet search for lowering the front suspension on a motorcycle should find it.  I think the guy was Australian, so maybe our Aussie friends can help.
Ride safe,
Glenn
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline frojo47

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 08:38:27 pm »
When altering the fork legs just loosen left hand triple tree clamp, rock bike on centre stand and fork leg comes through then with woooden drift knock it back down to required height, 14 mm. Tighten clamps then loosen right side and do the same Frojo
when the world goes bad remember being in that special place "the bubble of joy" behind the screen listening to howlin wolf

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 08:41:01 pm »
Seems like the Vulcan day was a very productive day for many reasons!

As good as the forums are its always good to meet up for real and swap ideas and see what others have done to their rides!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline felix

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 14' Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Riverside
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 02:01:27 am »
I too did the Lust drop, and also dropped the forks, but I also did 1/2 the distance of the rear drop so for me 12.5....rides better to me.....also on new PR4 that also helped.

Offline frojo47

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 08:26:38 am »
Felix, yes im on the PR4 front and rear. Suspension is on single rider /sport  and now its lowered handling and probably more confidence on my behalf the bike is really starting to move.Frojo