Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: LED headlights and center park light  (Read 5374 times)

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Grand Cane, LA
LED headlights and center park light
« on: June 29, 2014, 02:52:57 am »
Finally got my LED headlight bulbs in and found the LED bulb that I had that would fit the center park light. Got them put in the other day, so here are some of the pics. Forgot to get a before and after shot but these are really bright. The bottom 2 pics are low beam and high beam respectively.
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Abner62

• Trophy Member
  • Abner62
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Morayfield
Re: LED headlights and center park light
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 03:30:07 am »
If you don't mind me asking, where did you source the bulbs and how diffcult were they to fit.

Offline carey

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 03:38:08 am »
Those LED's look bright. I thought the stock lights were plenty bright. I ride through "Big Cane" every now and then. I'm located in Denham Springs. We need to get together and compare notes if I ever get my Trophy out of the shop.

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 04:43:57 am »
Abner62 I got these bulbs through the Aliexpress website. When I get the chance, I'll send you a pm about the model number.

Carey, that would be nice. I seen another Trophy the other day at the local Mexican restaurant. That wouldn't have been you was it. I know of another Trophy somewhere north of Shreveport but I have yet to catch him and I don't think he is a member of this site or TriumphRat.
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Abner62

• Trophy Member
  • Abner62
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Morayfield
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 04:48:58 am »
Thank you for that Alitinker. Were they hard to fit or did you just replace the stock bulbs?
cheers Abner62

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 06:24:34 am »
They do look nice and bright.... Potentially too bright....

Would be great to have a report after some rides out with it to see if you have any problems with oncoming traffic being dazzled and flashing you....

Can you post some links to the model numbers on here... I would like to read the specs and see if it would get through the British MOT test.... I wouldn't want to have to dismantle the bike to change the bulbs every year just to get it through the test..

Some notes on what you had to go through to fit them would be great!
 :002:

Looks like a job well done though!  :152:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 03:42:01 pm »
Cropbiker and Abner62 here is the link to the lights I bought: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6086505421.html
Install was pretty straight forward. They do come with the H4 adaptor made separate from the bulb itself. I just installed that piece first and then put the bulb in. Now I did have to modify that adaptor a little bit because where our wire clip goes there was a little plastic tab in the way that I took a pocket knife and shaved it down a little for it to fit properly. The groove around the back of the original bulb holder is smooth and the new adaptors had a small bump or tab that was in the way for the top part of the clip to fit in. No biggy. You will also have to trim the rubber boot because these bulbs come with a cooling fan on them and the boot is a little small to fit around the "stalk" of the bulb. Everything else was just plug and play. I did not have to disassemble anything on the front of the bike. I guess I have small enough hands to get in there. I was able to reach in through the top by the handle bars to undo the original bulbs and reach underneath when I put the new LEDs in. The clips just about have to be done from the top for me as you can't tell how to unhook them from the bottom. You have to push them in pretty far and lift up to get them unlatched. Believe me this was the hardest part of the whole install. Took me several attempts before I got them undone. Haven't had the chance to ride since I put them in as it has been raining hard here every day for a friggin week. I about ready to build an Ark and that is saying something for Louisiana. Cropbiker, I don't ride but maybe 25% at night and usually only to work so my premise was to have brighter bulbs for better daytime visibility to others. Going on a ride with my brother to Nova Scotia and to ride the Cabot Trail in a couple of weeks so going to be on the road for about 5000 miles or more. Doubt we will be doing much night riding then either but I know we will hit some rain and that's where I worry about being visible to other drivers. Had a couple of close calls a few of years ago when drivers would pull out in front of us like they couldn't see us while it was raining.
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 03:45:16 pm »
Cool.... thanks for the link.... I look forward to reading your ride report.... about the route AND how the lights perform!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch