2016 Trophy SE in Central Virginia - $8,000 by tdragger
[Today at 08:26:33 pm]

movement/play at the rear wheel by digital
[Today at 03:48:24 pm]

Rear Light by STJIM
[Today at 03:12:30 pm]

Ramp loading the trophy into a pu truck bed by Dinty
[Today at 02:10:31 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Triumph Falcon Mesh jacket  (Read 5713 times)

Offline Dmcfadyen

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE Silve
  • City / Town: Livingston
Triumph Falcon Mesh jacket
« on: June 29, 2014, 09:55:55 pm »
Hello all, I was thinking about none of these Falcon Jackets, I'm loving the Trophy but the huge fairing has me over heating at times so I was considering a mesh jacket. Anyone got one or a mesh jacket who could comment on them.

Cheers, Donald

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
Re: Triumph Falcon Mesh jacket
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 11:29:41 pm »
Donald,
 I wear a Tourmaster Intake Air 2 jacket in the warmer months - very comfortable, and with the wind liner and quilt liner, it works pretty well during cold, dry weather as well.  I've worn the 3 layers down to the mid-40s (F) and still not too cold.  But it's still pretty cool at over 90F, as long as you're moving.  I wear an Olympia Nomad jacket for the colder half of the year.  It's been good to the mid 30s so far, but a bit warm above 80F, even with all of the vent covers zipped down.  I have no experience with the Falcon jacket, but I would definitely recommend the Tourmaster - I think the newer version is the Intake Air 3 now.
STONEY

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 09:07:52 am »
I have an RJays Octane II mesh jacket for the very hot and humid Australian summer days. I wear the jacket over either a light T Shirt or singlet (bluey). I also wear a Camel Back, inside the jacket, for hydration while riding (the cold water on the back is great for cooling). Also I wear a Shoei J Cruise helmet that is light, has excellent airflow, and is very comfortable.

Think cool and you will be  :745:

Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 08:17:15 pm »
I have a Triumph Mesh Jacket and I am very satisfied.  I think it presents a good compromise between road protection and comfort in the heat of Texas.  Additionally with the blazing Texas sun one really needs to have the protection from sun burn.  I do give the caveat that nothing short of a cooling unit is going to keep you cool in the Texas heat.  That goes regardless of the fairing protection of the Trophy.  When I ride my 955ST I suffer from the heat nearly as badly as when I ride the Trophy. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Nudger

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 2013
  • City / Town: Dartford. Kent
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 08:15:50 am »
I recently bought a Triumph Falcon Mesh jacket. I've only worn it a couple of times so can't yet comment on it's long term performance.  However, what I can say is that I too experienced the overheating on hot summer days with my conventional textile jacket. Wearing the mesh jacket on a hot day was a revelation, so much cooler and a more comfortable ride.  I would recommend one. I also bought the Oxford 'cool dry' top and leggings to go underneath the Falcon and my leather trousers.  The combination of falcon jacket and 'cool dry' has made my summer riding so much more comfortable.  Now watch the weather take a turn for the worst !!

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 09:51:45 am »
Please forgive the leading question, and out of curiosity, what is 'hot' for Pommy Land  :034:? Is the daily UV index rated consistently at or above 14 (Extreme)  :017:? Have you discovered the wonders of chilled beer  :745:?

Nevertheless, mesh textile riding suits are the go in hot weather. :062:
Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Offline Dmcfadyen

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE Silve
  • City / Town: Livingston
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 04:25:40 pm »
Hello and thanks for the replies. I went ahead and ordered the Triumph Falcon. Seemed a good deal at £75. Thanks to our overseas replies. I have to say our top temps here in bonnie Scotland might hit 25c (for a day or two each year) so nothing compared to Texas or Australia. I was out on the bike today as it happens, nice wee run through the Scottish borders through Coldstream into Northumberland. Good wee jaunt

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 04:42:10 pm »
Good for you!  BTW I forgot to mention to mention Livingston Texas is 50 miles from here where the highest recorded temperature is "only" 44C. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST