Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Schuberth C3 Pro w/ SRC Quesitons  (Read 4977 times)

Offline twmcneilly

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE
  • City / Town: Seattle
Schuberth C3 Pro w/ SRC Quesitons
« on: July 02, 2014, 05:24:56 am »
I have the Schuberth C3 Pro with the SRC system.  It is paired with my iPhone and the SE. It works great for listening to the bike's entertainment system.  I have had no trouble streaming music off of a USB thumb drive, and streaming internet tunes via Pandora, Spotify, etc., and it works just great with the FM stereo on the bike.  Also, I can answer an incoming call on the phone by pressing the "P" button.
My brother just got a Spyder and I convinced him to get the same set up so we can communicate while on the road.
We went through the pairing setup, step by step, and have been able to communicate if we establish an open channel on the intercom.  But try as we might, we can figure out how to get the voice (VOX) to work.  The open channel definitely works, but it blocks out all other interfacing sources (radio, phone). 
Also, I thought that the SRC system would allow an outgoing call using voice. Did I understand that wrong?

Is there something about the Trophy SE that is limiting my functionality?  I see lots of chatter on the BMW forums about people who love their Schuberth systems and they describe exactly what I thought I'd get with mine on the SE.

Can anyone confirm the following?
1) VOX will work to establish short conversations while muting the music source, but music will resume after comm connection is halted.
2) A phone call using an iPhone 5S can be initiated using voice while under way. 

And if so, what are the tricks to making it work.

Thanks guys.  This forum has been great for a newby.

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
Re: Schuberth C3 Pro w/ SRC Quesitons
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 02:36:12 am »
I have the plain SRC system not the pro and I have had problems with it but I'm convinced my unit is not right and it looks like they will replace it.
With that said, you should look at the system with your computer and make sure VOX and "Click Link" is enabled.
My unit constantly cuts out whether it is paired with the bike, Zumo, or phone.  (droid)  Also the internal FM plays for about a minute then cuts off.

Good luck.
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 02:45:39 am »
Not sure on the new SRC, since mine was an earlier generation, but it should have a VOX setting, but I have discovered on my Sena that I have to make sure the phone is all that is VOX activated.  Ambient noise will try to connect my intercom repeatedly if the intercom is set to VOX, and since I'm not riding with someone else the music is interrupted, and the voice message comes in about the intercom failing.  I much prefer opening the intercom connection manually anyway if I need it.  Your choice, but I think you will find it is a headset setting somewhere with the SRC.
Ride safe.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 07:43:48 am »
I too have an SRCS and C3 Pro with iPhone 5.

I can't receive a call let alone initiate one!

From what I've read you cannot dial out using it all as designed.

I get music and GPS Audio through the Bluetooth collar which is fantastic, the bike recognises an incoming call, if I accept then nothing, no sound out or in.

There is no one who I can go to who knows what they are doing to fix this.  I bought a new car the same day and the phone just worked!

Very frustrating.

Later

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline Wells

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Gainesville
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 11:06:48 pm »
I have a regular SRCS with a Samsung Galaxy S4. When the SRCS is paired just with the phone, music playback is fine and works as advertised. However, when I pair the headset with the Triumph, I get regular cutouts as if the signal is dropping out then being reacquired quickly, usually 1-2 second drops.

It doesn't matter if the phone is paired with the bike or not, I still get these same cutouts even with the radio.

The phone paired with the bike works just fine if I play it over the bike speakers.

I am starting to think that there is a problem with the location of the stereo system on the bike, or at least the location of the bluetooth antenna on the bike. Does anyone happen to know where that antenna is located? I know the radio is located under the seat, directly beneath the rider. My thought is that if that antenna is located there, and the bluetooth signal has to go entirely through a person's body the long way. Water is a huge attenuator for signal, which the human body has plenty of.

Thoughts?
Other Bikes:
Honda 919
Honda CB750A Hondamatic

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 05:43:25 pm »
"I have a regular SRCS with a Samsung Galaxy S4. When the SRCS is paired just with the phone, music playback is fine and works as advertised. However, when I pair the headset with the Triumph, I get regular cutouts as if the signal is dropping out then being reacquired quickly, usually 1-2 second drops."

Mine works the same way.

I had my SRCS replaced because it had drop offs and the FM on the headset would only pl;ay one minute then quite.  The replacement is much better but still the occasional cut outs.  They are inconsistent and annoying.
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 09:13:05 pm »
Fixed!

Bought a SHOEI Neotec and Shoei headset, I think it is Scala and it works as advertised.

Anybody want a second hand Schuberth C3Pro with SRCS. Collar?

Later

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline Wells

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Gainesville
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 04:43:19 pm »
*Originally Posted by GarminDave [+]
Fixed!

Bought a SHOEI Neotec and Shoei headset, I think it is Scala and it works as advertised.

Anybody want a second hand Schuberth C3Pro with SRCS. Collar?

Later

Dave

Hrm... I wish I could go that route... Shoei helmets simply do not fit my head... I have tried XXXL sizes with them, and they still do not fit. The Shoei molds are on the small side of things.  :(
Other Bikes:
Honda 919
Honda CB750A Hondamatic

tweedy-bunch