Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Stereo not playing through N-Com Headset  (Read 4917 times)

Offline americanthunder

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Tucson
Stereo not playing through N-Com Headset
« on: July 02, 2014, 09:56:07 pm »
Hi All - Ok first my radio wouldn't play through the bike speakers so the dealer replaced the audio module and the speakers work great but I was able to listen to the radio through my N-Com B4 in my helmet till I got the bike back and...

So today I pair up my N-Com B4 as headset 1 and everything pairs up ok but no audio comes out in the helmet when I switch the audio output to headset which it previously did before the repair? The headset acknowledges the connection but there is no sound. Am I missing something or is my BT now not working?..LOL

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
-----------------------------------------------------------
SB
2013 Trophy SE

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Stereo not playing through N-Com Headset
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 10:10:21 pm »
Not sure, but if the N-com has avc (I think it does, best I remember from my N102 with N-com) that may be the issue unless it is deactivated in the bikes settings or on the headset one.  Maybe someone else has a better idea about it.   :084: Best of luck.
Glenn
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline americanthunder

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 10:50:50 pm »
*Originally Posted by Trophied [+]
Not sure, but if the N-com has avc (I think it does, best I remember from my N102 with N-com) that may be the issue unless it is deactivated in the bikes settings or on the headset one.  Maybe someone else has a better idea about it.   :084: Best of luck.
Glenn

Thanks for the response..I tried disabling avc on the bike don't see any option to do so on the headset. I could have sworn I had volume control (I may be mistaken) before and now pressing the volume up down does nothing.
SB
2013 Trophy SE

Offline americanthunder

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 10:57:25 pm »
Figured it out and now I feel like an idiot  :087:...After turning on the helmet I forgot to press the up arrow for two seconds to enable the A2DP profile. Its working marvelously now  :152:
SB
2013 Trophy SE

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 02:27:45 am »
I've felt like that a lot more times than I've admitted.  :038:
Glad you got it going, it's really nice to have.
Ride safe.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 10:07:09 am »
Hi americanthunder,

Glad to hear you sorted this out - I had the B4 system "PLUS" version and was very impressed with it  :169:

Is yours the "PLUS" version ? - If not then the Frimware can be upgraded ( at no cost ) :
See my previous post about this here : Firmware Update for Nolan N-Com B4, Bluetooth Kit 3, and BX4 systems

The main advantage of upgrading to the "PLUS" version is that it then permits the connection
of your Nolan N-Com Headset intercom, to the Bluetooth Intercom of other makes, so is not limited to Nolan kit.

I haven't heard of any other helmet Bluetooth kit manufacturers that offer this "universal" intercom system yet,
which is very useful if you carry a pillion that has a different make of helmet or bluetooth headset  :028:

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 02:59:34 pm »
I may have to go update my old N102 then if it will pair with different makes.  Nexx helmets and another brand are now using a proprietary version of Sena that should pair with other brands.  I think the only difference between Sena and the helmet mfr's versions is the configuration to fit their particular helmets and all the functions are the same.  Webbike World had a short commentary about the annoncement of them.
Coconut knows all and sees all once again (Americans will recognize Karnak there),
Thanks Alan,
Glenn

Offline americanthunder

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 06:34:12 pm »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
Hi americanthunder,

Glad to hear you sorted this out - I had the B4 system "PLUS" version and was very impressed with it  :169:

Is yours the "PLUS" version ? - If not then the Frimware can be upgraded ( at no cost ) :
See my previous post about this here : Firmware Update for Nolan N-Com B4, Bluetooth Kit 3, and BX4 systems

The main advantage of upgrading to the "PLUS" version is that it then permits the connection
of your Nolan N-Com Headset intercom, to the Bluetooth Intercom of other makes, so is not limited to Nolan kit.

I haven't heard of any other helmet Bluetooth kit manufacturers that offer this "universal" intercom system yet,
which is very useful if you carry a pillion that has a different make of helmet or bluetooth headset  :028:

Mine isn't the "plus" version but it can still be "upgraded"? I just updated it yesterday whilst trying to solve my problem above. The version I'm running I believe is 4.4 so I think its already updated? Thanks for all your knowledge coconut!
SB
2013 Trophy SE

tweedy-bunch