Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Anybody ever experience this....  (Read 5177 times)

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Edmonton
Anybody ever experience this....
« on: July 05, 2014, 12:08:00 am »
I was out for a ride and stopped for gas.  Upon restarting I noticed my music did not start up... Restarted the bike and noticed the message on the display "audio off".  When I hit and held the "M" button the audio menu did not come up,  in fact nothing happened.  I had my GPS unit mounted and on and my IPhone connected via USB.  I restarted the bike a few times and even the audio off message stopped coming up. 

Went home and checked the fuse... Fuse was fine.  Restarted the bike and like magic the audio system was working. 

Anyone else experience this?  Any insight or advice would be appreciated.  Is it something I need to be concerned about?  Thanks everyone.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Anybody ever experience this....
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 07:06:57 am »
Hi Scotty....

There are a few people who have had issues with funny behaviour of the audio unit... In particular with a message about low voltage.... In some cases this has turned out to be a faulty unit which stays on and drains the battery. If the audio unit needs fixing it is a big job and expensive so keep an eye on things and if it repeats get it logged with your dealer and investigated.

However, if it doesn't happen again then I wouldn't worry too much about it. The problem with all these electronic bits and the software controlling them is that if they are interrupted at the wrong point they just have a senior moment. If it comes back, doesn't repeat and there are no other symptoms.... Forget it and enjoy the ride.

There are several threads about audio issues so have a search and read. I can't remember any specifically like yours .
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 04:18:22 pm »
I've had that happen once, but it said USB stick not recognized and didnt  work until the next day when I fired it up again.  don't use the radio much, but it has not happened again... I get the Low Voltage Warning almost every start but it clears immediately and the radio works... Glitch...
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC
2021 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES ( in the mail )...

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 06:24:59 pm »
Thanks guys... Out all day today with many stops and starts of the bikes ignition.  Problem has not happened again.  I really love this bike gents I just hope it will be reliable ... I am nervous about doing longer trips that would be more remote,  like through the Canadian Rockies .  I want to grow to trust the bike which is still not 100% there yet

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 09:03:54 am »
Hi Scotty,

Just trying to rule out another possibility in case you're not aware of this one ....

Before stopping did you turn the Volume right down ?

If you hold the Volume Down button down, or repeatedly press it Down,
You will go through the Minimum Volume to "MUTE" and then "AUDIO OFF" ?

Cheers,

Offline JohnD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: T Trophy
  • City / Town: Ulverstone Tasmania
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 10:37:56 am »
Thanks Coconut,
Good Point

Offline donmoe

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Jupiter, FL
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 05:00:50 pm »
*Originally Posted by Scotty [+]
I was out for a ride and stopped for gas.  Upon restarting I noticed my music did not start up... Restarted the bike and noticed the message on the display "audio off". 
I had that happen on my Trophy once while on tour last summer in western Canada. I stopped at the Triumph dealer in Kelowna, BC and the mechanic diagnosed the problem as a loose positive battery connection. The bolt was just not tight, apparently causing the electronics to "protect itself" from erratic power. Before starting out this year on another tour, I checked that bolt for tightness and found it slightly loose again.

My suspicion is that the mechanics disconnect the positive power lead from the battery before doing any work on the bike and sometimes don't tighten it down enough when they've finished.

Don
2015 BMW R1200GSA 2004 BMW R1150RT
2013 Triumph Trophy SE 1981 Kaw KZ1000 Shaft
2010 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1974 Kaw Z1
2008 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1973 Kaw H1

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 07:56:42 pm »
Thanks Coconut and Donmoe... I will look at both these potential causes.  Was out all day today and the problem has not reoccurred.   May just be a gremlin

tweedy-bunch