Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Don't miss a trick Triumph  (Read 5504 times)

Offline sin_tiger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Lunar
  • City / Town: Maybole
Don't miss a trick Triumph
« on: July 05, 2014, 11:00:06 am »
With the new RT's all being hauled in for the rear suspension fix, which they don't have a solution for yet and are looking at August before they start taking them in, Lord knows how long the back log is going to be.

Perhaps the Triumph dealers could be a bit cheeky and place ads "Come in and test ride a TTSE while your RT is of the road"  :008:

They state that they're offering the owners £500 "compensation" , don't state if it's cash or vouchers. Dealer could push their luck even further "Come spend your £500 with us and we'll give you £600 worth of accessories or clothing"   :017:

I'd better not go anywhere near our Beemer dealers for a while  :430:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Don't miss a trick Triumph
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 11:05:18 am »
Well if I had just dropped £16k plus on a bike and then been told DO NOT RIDE it and then found out it couldn't be fixed until they have identified the fix.... personally I think that falls under the Sale Of Goods act of not being fit for purpose and I would be demanding my money back....... and heading off to my nearest Triumph dealership!!!

Its an ill wind that will hopefully swell our numbers!

:008:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline sin_tiger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Lunar
  • City / Town: Maybole
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 11:23:12 am »
I was thinking just that,  might be a Trophy summer,  even if only for no other reason that all the new RT's have been sent to bed without any supper  :180:

Offline DaMonk45

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TEX
  • City / Town: Houston
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 10:15:50 pm »
 :460:

Offline KenSmith

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Corbin, Kentucky
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 11:17:09 pm »
Y'all shouldn't make fun of the BMW folks like that. The Trophy has been a very unreliable machine so far. Someday soon we may see Honda or Yamaha enticing folks to come buy a better bike while their Trophies are in the shop.

I'm on my fourth major downtime in the eight months I've had my Trophy. It's not getting any more miles than an RT would be getting. I have no real choice but to trade it before the warranty runs out.

After an experience this bad, it will be at least a few decades before I consider buying another Triumph product.
Ken Smith
Corbin, Kentucky
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere - Coming Soon
2013 Triumph Trophy SE - Going Soon
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 01:12:49 am »
No offense bit I'm thinking that people prefer to be sold in the merits of a product rather than bad mouthing e competition.  Having said that I thought the Trophy was selling well anyway? 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline donmoe

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Jupiter, FL
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 05:45:16 am »
Not many of us have been delivered a "lemon" bike. For example, today my 2013 Trophy SE is less than 300 miles from reaching 57K trouble-free miles since I took delivery on Jan. 5, 2013. Other than for regular maintenance, new tires, the various recalls, one bad windshield motor, and a loose positive battery connection once, the bike has been on the road and carrying me dutifully around the North American continent without a problem. It's been comfortable (with the Triumph Comfort Seat) and fun to ride on both twisties and super-slabs.

Don
     Currently on tour in Berkeley, California
2015 BMW R1200GSA 2004 BMW R1150RT
2013 Triumph Trophy SE 1981 Kaw KZ1000 Shaft
2010 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1974 Kaw Z1
2008 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1973 Kaw H1

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 06:01:11 am »
It is never a good idea to use another manufacturers misfortunes in an advert or deal to help you sell your own brand.....

You never know when something is going to crawl out of the metalwork and bite you on the ass! You could end up being hoisted by your own petard!

Discretion is the better part of valour and those BMW RT owners who are unhappy enough and those potential buyers who are put off by what is happening will find their way... It is not like there are really that many options for this 'flavour' of ride!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch