Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: inconsistent windscreen motor  (Read 3316 times)

Offline BuckeyeBiker

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Athens, Ohio
Re: inconsistent windscreen motor
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 04:15:44 PM »
I had a similar problem with the windscreen.  It was intermittent.  Then the newly replaced TPMS sensors started to show low tire pressures randomly.  I don't normally ride at night, but three weeks ago I stayed out past sundown.  I noticed at stops that the headlights would really get dim.  Since I was shortly to take a trip, I replaced the battery, even though it tested ok and stays on a tender.  Problem solved.  The bike must have a heck of a draw at idle and very low rpm which messes with the electronics.

Offline mjn51

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Silver
  • City / Town: Stebbing
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 03:14:59 PM »
 :028: 2012 demo/launch model TTSE 24k on the clock, screen started playing up as described above would work fine sometimes and then nothing. Having read this thread took off side panel undid  and reconnect anything I could see unplugged and replugged the already well greased relays and low and behold screen works fine again, will replace replays if its stops again.
Thanks for the info. :047:

Offline Shemogolee

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE2016
  • City / Town: Chilliwack
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 08:03:40 PM »
Hi All,

My 2016 windscreen developed all the symptoms described in this thread. The dealer's first fix was to allow the "computer" to reset. That worked for a while and then the acting up began again. The next fix was to replace the motor. That worked for about three weeks and then the acting up started again. The Trophy is going in again to see if they can find the problem .... maybe I need an exorcist ...

Shemogolee
If you're not disciplined enough to apply your knowledge and skills you're an accident looking for a place to happen

Offline jaapvanthoff

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE my2014
  • City / Town: Rotterdam
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 08:11:07 PM »
.... maybe I need an exorcist ...

You can have mine for free.
Also known as mother in law.
TTSE bleu
Dneper MT 16