Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Test Ride on 2013 Today  (Read 4456 times)

Offline Tripps

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: R3T Sprint TT600 etc
  • City / Town: Basom, NY
Test Ride on 2013 Today
« on: July 08, 2014, 05:50:32 pm »
My original thought was to wait for the 2015, all the better to get the bugs worked out. But my dealer has a 2013 he let me take out today, he offered it to me at "cost", or so he says, 16,200. It only has about 250 miles on it, and will still have a full 2 year warranty on it, I'm tempted, especially since that was only his first offer. I'm curious what electrical glitches were recalls, if any, and what were simply warranty repairs, the salesman had no idea if any recalls or repairs were done to it, but that info can be found out, obviously. I'm also curious if anyone has found a way to fit adjustable handlebars, I like an upright position, but they're almost too close for me. Loved the windshield, I can set it low enough to see over, and still ride with an open visor, no glasses, and the brakes are the best I've ever felt.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:58:08 pm by Tripps »
Too much motor, not enough transmission.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Test Ride on 2013 Today
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 07:51:00 pm »
There have been....

A fuel tank recall
An ECM replacement programme
A possible head rebuild
A centre stand modification

Those are all the official ones I can recall.. All of them should have been done if it is at a dealership and it needed them.... but worth checking

Some bikes had fork oil leaks.... but no official recall about that

Some people have had battery issues.... these may or not have been down to loose terminal connections. Also possible that these were down to audio module problems causing permanent drains on current.

There are a few options on handlebar risers... a Genmar option I think is available and there is also a more heath robinson home made option..... search handlebar risers.

Couldn't really tell you if that is a good price for a US bike... but it Sounds perhaps a little high to me
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 08:36:50 pm »
US list price on Trophy's at my dealer without heated grips and seat is 18,999, and I was given a $1,000 discount on my 2013.  Their website shows the same price on 2013's and 2014's although I'm sure they would discount the only 2013 they have.  The $16,200 price sounds pretty good, and if it has 250 miles and shows no leaks on the front fork seals they probably will be OK, just need to keep an eye on them for a couple of hundred miles.  My K1600 more than offset the sales price so I got the color matched top case, and the extra equipment I was able to keep and sell covered all the after market extras I added to the Trophy plus a little.  With the way mine has performed before and after the recalls were done I wouldn't hesitate to do another Trophy if I was in the market (my wife says I'm not!).
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline av8or-dave

• Trophy Pro
  • Got Mine 8 OCT '18 - officially in the club now!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '17 TTSE & '82 SECA
  • City / Town: Liverpool
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 09:39:10 pm »
I checked Kelly Blue Book prices for the 2013 Triumph Trophy SE in excellent / new condition, no milage and retail price was $16,000: which is down by $2,999 from the original MSRP of $18,999.  That Extra $2,999 can be used for accessorizing!

Also, great place to check recall and official complaint status of ANY vehicle (motorcycles, cars, trucks, etc...and register for future email recall notifications, which kind of takes the guess work out of wondering after you buy a vehicle, for up to 5 vehicles) is www.safecars.gov (Website run by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: NHTSA of the US of A).

www.safecars.gov is also a great place to register VALID complaints, and trigger recalls to help us all!  This TT forum site is great for sharing information, but really does nothing official to force companies making defective products to act upon them until they think the cost verses reputation is in their best interest:  so if Uncle Sammy sees enough complaints, they'll kick the manufactures in the buttocks to get things fixed regardless of profit/cost issues the manufacturer, has if they want to keep doing business in the States!!!  That's our tax dollars at work right there!

That's my 2 cents, of hopefully common scents!

Don't pick a fight with an old guy, because if he can't fight - he'll just kill you!

Offline triucati

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: SOLD: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Carson City, NV
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 10:22:54 pm »
The triumph dealer in Roseville,  ca, is advertising their new 2013 for $15000.  Look it up on Sacramento Craigslist.

Offline Tripps

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: R3T Sprint TT600 etc
  • City / Town: Basom, NY
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 10:24:38 pm »
Thanks for the replies. No, bar risers are the last thing I want, they're too close, that would put them closer. Also, do I remember reading here that the low seat was stock in the USA?  higher seat would help.
Too much motor, not enough transmission.

Offline triucati

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: SOLD: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Carson City, NV
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 10:27:25 pm »
Low seat is stock in usa.   The high seat helps a lot.

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 11:18:26 pm »
THe dealer can run the VIN number in their computer and find out what recall items have or haven't been addressed.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.