Heated low rider seat by Stefra
[Today at 05:31:24 am]

Fourth Gear All-Time? by LarryJa
[Yesterday at 10:35:04 pm]

Suspension Upgrades,What Have You Done? by mznyc
[Yesterday at 08:47:52 pm]

Hi there! by Stefra
[Yesterday at 08:39:51 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Bit chilly....  (Read 1654 times)

Offline audio2u

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Springfield
Bit chilly....
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:59:01 pm »
Even though my heated grips have not yet arrived, I foolishly decided to take a run up to Hazelbrook (Blue Mountains) on Tuesday night.
Spent the night with my best mate and his wife. Good food, good wine, good company.
Woke up Wednesday morning to 2 degrees C! Yikes.
Riding down the mountain towards Penrith, the temperature gauge was slowly climbing up to 6-7 degrees.
Then, I hit the flat country 'round Penrith-St Mary's.
Temp plumeted to zero so I figured I should get a photo of that.
But by the time I'd pulled over to the side of the freeway, it had dropped even further!
Needless to say, my fingers were REALLY sore from the cold. I will be loving those grips when they get here!
My bike history: (1) c.1982 Honda CT125, (2) c.1986 Yamaha SRX250, (3) 1988 Honda CBR1000FH, (4) 1989 Suzuki GSX-R750 Slingshot, (5) 2012 Suzuki Boulevard M90, (6) 2013 Triumph Trophy SE.

Offline JohnD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: T Trophy
  • City / Town: Ulverstone Tasmania
Re: Bit chilly....
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 11:02:15 pm »
 :008: Australia hot country ! not in winter it aint. I ride to work in a realativity 'warm'  :110: part of Tassie Devonport....not inland and I regularly see 2-3 degrees in da mornin...but the grips are bliss, as is the shape of the whole bike. You are in a bubble of still air......JUST AMAZING to ride in a cold climate. If it  stops raining I plan a trip down to the Huon Valley, or as far as I can get....Dover/Cygnet would be nice :005: If I get organised with this smart phone, whats the best way to upload images of the trip to the forum?

Offline audio2u

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 11:51:49 pm »
What kind of phone, John?
My bike history: (1) c.1982 Honda CT125, (2) c.1986 Yamaha SRX250, (3) 1988 Honda CBR1000FH, (4) 1989 Suzuki GSX-R750 Slingshot, (5) 2012 Suzuki Boulevard M90, (6) 2013 Triumph Trophy SE.

Offline JohnD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 02:12:13 am »
android samsung

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 02:51:19 am »
It is chilly in the mornings here at the moment (days get up to around 20C). Went for a morning ride the other day in -4C (no heated grips or seat). My only protection was the Dainese suit, gloves, and boots (with thermal liners). Felt warm and toasty for the 40mins out and confirm this bike has great winter weather protection. I suspect however longer rides in a more humid and equally cold environment would warrant the heated accessories.

Stay warm, stay upright  :028:
Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Offline audio2u

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 02:52:47 am »
Your first step is to hook up your phone and transfer the photos to your desktop machine.
Unfortunately, the images straight off the phone are going to exceed the attachment size limit for this forum, which means you'll need to resize them* (I usually go for 1000 pixels on the long edge).
Once you've done that, you'll be able to attach the images to a post here on the forum (under this text box where you write your post, you'll see a link which says "attachments and other options".
Click on that to add your piccies!

* If you haven't already got software for resizing your images, just google "free software image resize". There's bound to be a million options out there. As a photographer, I use Adobe Lightroom, which is a paid product, but it's awesome.

Offline JohnD

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 03:20:26 am »
Hi,
Thanks for the tips. I am looking into uploading from my phone as I go to Google's photo storage  Picasa as i use Google mail a lot.....looks to be quite a good setup, but will use my phones bandwidth :173:

Once I set up the folder I will do a couple of tests and then give out the infor on here, if anyone is interested in Touring Tassie on a motorbike, that is. If you don't have a google account your stuffed basically.