Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 2013 TTSE replaced by 2014 TEX XC  (Read 1760 times)

Offline markradtke18

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Explorer XC
  • City / Town: Plymouth, WI
2013 TTSE replaced by 2014 TEX XC
« on: July 11, 2014, 07:00:20 am »
Thanks to all forum members who have supported my owner experience of the 2013 Triumph Trophy SE.

Just ahead of having the bike stripped down to have the cylinder head work done (scheduled for Monday, July 14), I was able to work out a very reasonable trade deal on a 2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.

Having another touring bike in the garage (2014 HD FLHX) made this easier because I did like the Trophy. It just spent too many days at the dealership and I disliked the thought of having a complete bike disassembly performed by a dealer who had never done the head replacement.

Now with the TEX, I've got an Adventure Tourer as an option. I'll be riding mostly on hard surface but now can take a friendly trail or side road occasionally. Looking forward to a little more exploring.  And, checking out the VIN range on the new bike, I am way past the most common issues. The upgraded ECM is already on board.

What also made the deal reasonable is the current Triumph promotion related to the Explorer model. With purchase, Triumph will provide a heated grip kit, heated seat and a pannier system. It's approximately $1400 worth of accessories.

In another year after enjoying the HD, I can see replacing it with a 2015 or 2016 TTSE when most of the refinements are made.

I'm glad I found Triumph as a brand and look forward to following ongoing discussions in this forum.

All the best for now!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:02:15 pm by markradtke18 »
2013 Triumph Trophy SE-Traded for a
2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: 2013 TTSE replaced by 2014 TEX XC
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 09:10:31 am »
Good luck with your Explorer. Sounds like you got a great deal! See you back here with the Trophy Gen 2!😀
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 03:26:09 pm »
Good luck with the Explorer and glad you stayed with Triumph.  As an aside, and not directed at you, it is bothersome to see a number of Forum members leaving the Trophy after such a short ownership.  I sure hope Triumph is paying attention. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 05:33:34 pm »
Yes.... it is a shame and it should certainly be passing a message onto Triumph that there are some issues that they need to resolve.... some technical.... some just plain... good old customer service and dealerships who care and have expertise...
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch