Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Going to give the XM's a chance  (Read 1841 times)

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Going to give the XM's a chance
« on: July 11, 2014, 07:52:24 pm »
The Angels were worn to the cords in 7000 miles. I have a friend who owns an independent repair shop and gives me a great deal on Avon tires, especially if I remove the wheels from the bike. We levered on a set of the Avon Storm 3D XM's today. I have always liked the Storms so now I will see what the XM's are all about.

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: Going to give the XM's a chance
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 12:23:57 am »
320 miles of scuffing in the Avons yesterday. I like them. Very neutral handling compared to the Angels. I did not like the Pirellis from day one, they just did not feel   connected to the road. I got the feeling that they were flexing under me and while never scary they did not give much confidence either. It will be interesting to see how the Avons are with 7000 miles on them.

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
Re: Going to give the XM's a chance
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 02:01:59 am »
I liked the earlier Storms on the ST1100, great mix of distance and grip. They started to become unavailable in Australia the right sizes unfortunately.

The Pilot Road 3s seem very good handling wise in all conditions. I might get 15,000kms out of the set, which is 50% more than the Angel STs and around the same as I used to get from PR2s on the ST1100.