Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 2014 triumph trophy se battery specs ?  (Read 7154 times)

Offline Bburwell

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy se
  • City / Town: Edmonton
2014 triumph trophy se battery specs ?
« on: July 13, 2014, 04:00:20 am »
Would anyone know the actual specs for the original trophy se?  My first one died 1 month into a brand new bike and then the dealer replaced and 1 week later it's dead.  It appears they put in a lower end battery that runs for about $65 cad. 

Any help would be great

Brian

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
Re: 2014 triumph trophy se battery specs ?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 04:06:53 am »
 Hey Brian... Can't answer your question but thought I would respond anyway.  I am from Edmonton to and just bought my TTSE.   Did you but your bike from Echo Cycle?

Offline Bburwell

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 04:19:05 am »
Sure did and I have to say overall they have treated me awesome !  I'm hoping it was just a mistake.  I very much have good things to say about echo cycle .

Brian

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 04:45:10 am »
Good deal, glad to hear that.  Beside battery issues how is the bike performing?  Everything else running ok?

Offline Bburwell

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 04:48:49 am »
 :183:
I love the bike.  Handles like a dream and it's everything I have wanted minus the color.  I was really hoping for blue.  When did you get yours ?  Is it silver or blue? 
I loaded it up minus the rear heated seat.  Pretty much everything else though ..

We should start a trophy riders group for Edmonton area ..

Brian

Offline Scotty

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 05:08:39 am »
Loving it!  Drove through the Rockies this weekend and the bike was perfect.. Over 1100km in 3 days.  Yes.. A riders group would be awesome....
My bike is fully loaded minus the heated seats.  I also got a GPS installed and that has worked well. 

Offline Bburwell

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 07:33:24 am »
 :062:
Very similar story here went from Edmonton to jasper, stayed at miette hot springs, then next day went through to banff and back home.  Amazing trip and outside of battery issues killing radio in jasper on day 2. It was perfect !

What color is yours ?

Brian

P.s. Still looking for specs on battery, can you look at yours and send a photo of make and model ?

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 07:44:19 am »
*Originally Posted by Bburwell [+]
My first one died 1 month into a brand new bike and then the dealer replaced and 1 week later it's dead.  It appears they put in a lower end battery that runs for about $65 cad.
Are you sure the batteries have been the problem? Could the TTSE be drawing excessive current draining the battery?

At least one guy in this forum (perhaps more) had a problem with the audio module draining down the battery even when the ignition is off. A clue might be if some of the audio functions are not working as they should.

There have been many complaints in this forum about batteries going dead.

If it continues to happen, try removing the audio fuse. It has voltage on it at all times and can be draining the battery.

BTW, it's a very big hassle to replace the audio module, best done at the dealer.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

tweedy-bunch