Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: low voltage  (Read 2600 times)

Offline mastertrophy

• Trophy Member
  • My new solo bike
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy 2014 se
  • City / Town: Hobe sound
low voltage
« on: July 13, 2014, 03:07:55 pm »
Anyone have any points on this... LOW VOLTAGE NOT IN DISPLAY COMES ON.

2014 bought in march... severa times in the last months... when I get to start

this will be indicated on screen????  bike does not sit... The other day I did not ride for 3 days and it came on/... Have some leds and fog lights only run them at night

any clues guys thanks teal1500@yahoo.com

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: low voltage
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 05:47:58 pm »
Master Trophy.... can I suggest you use the search feature on this site.... There are already a lot of threads on the go concerning low voltage/battery issues.... I am sure once you have read through those you will have identified your issue
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Abner62

• Trophy Member
  • Abner62
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Morayfield
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 12:33:26 am »
Yep, mine does that too. Have been told by my service centre it will do that if the battery voltage drops below 11 volts when starting the bike. My battery rested reads 12.84 volts. When starting it drops down to 10.7volts. Am replacing the current Yuasa which has 310 cold cranking amps with one that has 400 cold cranking amps. Will let you know if that fixes the problem. Battery is 18 months old and I have 27,000 klms on a 2013 model trophy. Head and ECU have been replaced at 17,000 klms. Hope this helps.

Offline Abner62

• Trophy Member
  • Abner62
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Morayfield
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 07:52:45 am »
Does anyone know if Triumph has a solution/fix yet for the "Radio off" "Low  voltage" display on the screen on start up of the trophy? Mine has been doing it for sometime now. Triumph UK has been advised and are aware of the problem.

Offline PhilInAthens

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Athens, GA
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 02:18:47 am »
I hate to be a broken record, but if you have a 2014 TT (or maybe even before) and get 'audio off' notices and anything like 'low voltage' messages at the same time (or there abouts)- then have your dealer check the audio module. Okay - if these two things come up on your display - just tell the dealer you have a faulty audio module.

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 02:48:12 pm »
I get the low voltage message every time I start the bike.  It goes through a sequence of "Low Voltage", then "No Device Found".  After a second or two the display indicates the audio is working although there would be no sound from the speakers.   At this point I used to press the volume control button and the audio would ramp up.  I thought it was annoying, but I lived with it.  Then I changed my routine one day and didn't put my gloves on before starting the bike.  While I was sitting on the bike putting my gloves on, it went through the whole sequence and about ten seconds after showing there was audio on the display, the speakers started working.  Now I just let it go through that sequence and get audio every time without touching any control.