Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Mrs. enGage's First Ride  (Read 4446 times)

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
Mrs. enGage's First Ride
« on: July 13, 2014, 07:51:53 pm »
Mrs. enGage (or Miss Daisey as I call her) had her first ride on the TTSE yesterday.  220 mile round trip to my Son's inlaw's lake place for my Grandson's B-day.

SHe liked riding on the TTSE much better compared to the Thunderbird.  Bike handled well with both of us and gear.   Got 48 MPG and still have a 1/4 tank left.

Bike has been working flawlessly  :002:

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mrs. enGage's First Ride
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 12:14:04 am »
I am glad Miss Daisy approves, it makes the rides much more enjoyable. We pulled off a 320 mile ride yesterday and NavyMom was very comfy. I use an Air hawk cushion, but she prefers the stock seat and gives the Trophy a much better grade than the RT that we just came off of.

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 02:33:06 pm »
Mrs. BLudyL much prefers to ride pillion on the TTSE to any previous bike I've owned.

But the way, she has 26 days remaining in her probationary period. After that we will have been married 40 years and the deal is final. I'll just have to keep her.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 08:22:45 pm »
My other half is normally a HOPELESS pillion.... fidgets and shifts all over the place and really throws the balance off.... But on the Trophy.... he is NO problem!  :001:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Tlrtone

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Poole
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 09:23:18 pm »
My other half came with me on a  3300 mile, 7 country tour round Europe, and we even got the peg down in Croatia with the bike all loaded up! :017:

She loves the comfort of the TTSE and it is normally me who suggests we should have a stop for a coffee/fuel! :006:

Marvellous bike and was as exceptional round Thruxton race circuit as it was going through the alpine passes of Austira and the coast road of Croatia.  Love the cruise control on the motorways too!  :152:

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 11:13:45 pm »
Unfortunately I can't get my wife to ride.  Well not exactly true.  She has ridden once since we married 20 years ago. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 11:24:50 pm »
w8d4it,
If we didn't live so far apart and mine wasn't home every night I'd almost think she had two husbands!  My wife has been on one bike one time in almost 28 years.  Who is cloning these women!  :084:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 11:54:00 pm »
Well mine is from Hungary (where she is at the moment) so I'm not sure it is a clone.  The strange thing about my wife is that when she was a child she happily rode sidecar with her father.  She suggested that she MIGHT ride side car with me but I'm not about to go out and pay several thousand for a side car she may or may not use.  Not to mention I'm not partial to side car usage myself.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST