Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hello from Kelowna, BC, Canada  (Read 3651 times)

Offline Teabag

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kelowna
Hello from Kelowna, BC, Canada
« on: July 19, 2014, 06:18:08 pm »
Hey everyone,
Not sure about the virtual drink thing, recently bought a brand new TrophySE and also scored a golfing hole in one, so a bit light on the pocket at the moment, but swing by and I've usually got a beer in the fridge!!!
Looking forward to meeting some new acquaintances, whether they be local or worldwide, I already spotted another member in Kelowna, maybe he'll say hi?

Originally from the UK, living in Canada for almost four years now, that was a 30+ years ambition.
Riding was a lifelong ambition too, but only started in 2007. First bike was a Suzuki GSF650SA, ordered for delivery on the evening of the day that I was taking my test....no pressure there then!!!
Rode that for about 18 months before buying an R1100RT and passing "Suzy" onto my partner of the time. Loved the  Beemer and was sad to part with it, but thought I'd do that rather than go through the process of importing it to Canada. Thought I'd easily pick up another one here. I'd been warned about the cost of Beemer's here, even second hand, the warnings were correct.

Bought a 1982 Goldwing on collector plates (similar to Vintage to the UK guys) which I didn't really like at first, but as time went on I gradually grew to hate it!!!  Then dropped across an R1100RT in excellent shape at the right price two years ago and on the day I bought it, sold the Goldwing too.....Result.
Bought the Trophy about 5 weeks ago, on a bit of a whim really, but absolutely love it. The Beemer stands for sale now, no luck with a same day sale though this time.

Just bought the OEM top box yesterday, found out the dealer hasn't put the lock barrel in with the bike and so trying to resolve that one at the moment.
Also had it in for a strange occurrence that Triumph claim not to have experience of as yet....well they have now....I had 3 incidents where the bike accelerated apparently on its own. The first two occasions I believed to be me possibly being a bit heavy handed on the throttle twist grip, but the latest incident I feel definitely not. Always when taking a bend too. Anyone else???

OK, before this turns into War & Peace, I'll sign off for now and go back to searching the posts.
Again, say "hi" if you're in the area, always looking for new riding friends.
Rodger.

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
Re: Hello from Kelowna, BC, Canada
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 06:21:53 pm »
Welcome.

The throttle is very light, which I love, but I sometimes get a surge when I stretch over to switch cruise on.

Enjoy the bike and enjoy the forum, loads of good advise here.

Later

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline tomkat

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE
  • City / Town: Las Cruces, NM
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 06:31:42 pm »
Hello Teabag, and  :400:!

As Dave said, the throttle is light,  but I haven't heard of anyone experiencing the sudden acceleration you mention...

Anyway, enjoy your Trophy, and Cheers!
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2015 Yamaha WR250R

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 06:58:11 pm »
 :400: to the forum.  Beautiful country to ride in!
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 09:48:15 pm »
Welcome to the Forum :400:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 10:24:56 pm »
Welcome to the forum Rodger!  I've never heard of anyone with the throttle issues you've experienced either.  Hope you get it sorted out.  Anyway, enjoy & ride safe!

:821:
STONEY

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 11:12:15 pm »
As you have been buying the drinks lately have one on me  :821:
I am not saying you are wrong you may have a faulty throttle but I thought the bike was serging when I first got it. also when I braked suddenly, normally you release the grip on the throttle and it returns to closed but on this bike you have to remember to close the throttle it does not slip back under your hand unless you completely remove you hand from the grip. Could do with a stronger return spring

Offline donmoe

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Jupiter, FL
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 11:48:37 pm »
Hi Rodger! 

Did you buy your Trophy from Bentley Motorrad in West Kelowna?  In August last year I stopped in there for what turned out to be a loose positive battery bolt on my Trophy. They treated me very, very nicely and even washed the bike for me. After several thousand miles on the road by then, it really needed it. I also really liked their waiting area with the huge flat screen TV and comfy sofa! Other dealers should learn from them how to treat customers right!

Next time you go in, please pass along my best regards, in particular to Dave at the service desk. Perhaps he'll remember me as the guy on tour from Florida.

Don
2015 BMW R1200GSA 2004 BMW R1150RT
2013 Triumph Trophy SE 1981 Kaw KZ1000 Shaft
2010 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1974 Kaw Z1
2008 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1973 Kaw H1