Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Auxiliary Power Socket placement  (Read 4213 times)

Offline Robmcg

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2013
  • City / Town: Adelaide
Auxiliary Power Socket placement
« on: March 21, 2013, 03:42:39 AM »
Hi All
Get my Trophy next week.  :001:

The workshop rang today and queried where I wanted the Auxiliary Power Socket  :187:

I ordered the extra socket from the accessories list, presuming, logically, that the socket was mounted somewhere around the dash, for, eg. Crash Cam or GPS.

I know that the bike has 2 by the passenger seats, one in the lockable cubby hole in the fairing and one in the Topbox.

Has anyone had the Auxiliary power point fitted and if so, where, so I can tell the workshop.  :440:
Cheers
Rob

Offline atuti

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Washington DC
Re: Auxiliary Power Socket placement
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 07:30:21 AM »
Hi, good morning.

I have the SE Launch version. It comes with four sockets: two 12 volts standard size in the top box and in the cubby hole on the left and another two "thinner" ones one on the top of the left part of the engine and the other one on the left of the rear seat.

Do yo really need an extra auxilliary power socket?

V,sss

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 09:00:53 AM »
I did not get the SE version but did ask for the auxiliry socket so my girlfriend can charge up her ipod.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 11:10:16 AM »
Atuti,

The one on the left side of the engine is always live and is very handy for hooking up a battery charger. Also, around here where heated clothing keeps us going through the winter, it's easier to plug in there than the two outlets which are enclosed.
Caoimhín

Offline atuti

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Washington DC
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 01:41:08 PM »
Caoimhím:

Thank you very much for the information... To be honest down here in the south of Europe we do not miss a lot these heated clothes. On the other hand I have never seen amongst my biker friends anyone using a connector that matchs with these littel sockets.

Nevertheless I will try to look for an adapter to see if I am able to connect the battery charger or any other device like a cell phone charger for my wife to be able to have the Navigator on and giving me some driving directions... ejem! ejem! I am not very sure if I really want the latter....  perhaps is smarter not to give this opportunity....

Thanks

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 06:50:14 PM »
I picked up a cigarette lighter female to Powerlet male adapter with about 10cm of cable between them at my local camping shop for about €5. Let me know if you can't get one and if you like I'll check tp see if they still have them.
Caoimhín

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 10:05:43 PM »
On line go to Radio World ... On the Trophy all but in box are power let , radio world has a great selection ... I mounted an additional power let in the Tupperware just behind battery ...
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Offline Robmcg

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2013
  • City / Town: Adelaide
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 01:46:13 AM »
 Hi Bythebay
Was there a pre-existing removable plastic plug for the Power Socket fitment, or did you drill holes etc.  :187:

tweedy-bunch