Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Picked up my new Trophy on Monday 21 July 2014  (Read 8471 times)

Offline ColinM

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Toronto
Picked up my new Trophy on Monday 21 July 2014
« on: July 22, 2014, 03:15:19 pm »
Picked up my new Trophy from the dealer. rode home at about 1pm in 27c (about 84f)  temp which was about a 60km trip .. first 10 KM were in 50kmh then to 60km with the odd traffic light. Then to 80kmh for about 40km then back down to 60 kmh then 50 kmh the last 10 km or so.

After riding a Harley this bike took a bit of getting used to. Stalled it a couple of times after stopping. Along with getting used to the loose throttle and the skinny grips. Changing gears is getting smoother. I found the throttle too easy to turn while reaching over to engage the speed control.

I loved the handling and acceleration. I can now take corners twice as fast :015:  I felt very comfortable on the seat for the 1 hour trip. The seating position was a bit more leaning forward than the Harley but I didn't get the back ache I used to get without a back rest.

I took the bike out again later that afternoon. I wear textile jacket and jeans when riding and found my inner thighs sweat a lot and the hot air swirling around my ankles was annoying. Not so much of an issue if you can keep moving at a steady pace.

But I do love the bike and all of its technical and technology marvels.

Bottom line: It's a keeper!   :152:

p.s. I was a little dissapointed with the dealer. When I bought the bike I asked for the top box to be installed as well. They didn't tell me they had to order it and I would have to come back to have it installed. Some settings were still in Miles (we are KM) and got Low tyre pressure warning in the rear tire 10 mins after leaving the dealership (I think that the dealer not checking tyre pressure on a brand new bike on delivery is unacceptable and negligent).

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Trenton
Re: Picked up my new Trophy on Monday 21 July 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 03:29:10 pm »
I'm really glad that you like the bike it does have some getting used to it it'll take a little bit of time to settle in and find out what's what about where everything is at as far as the low tire pressure indicator goes very touchy and it has to be within a pound or you'll see the light kick on and off on a very regular yet aggravating basis I found this to be the case with my checked with a good tire pressure gauge and then settled in on one that would keep the tire pressure indicator from going on.  As far as the dealer not doing the prep the way that you thought you're right that is unacceptable it's too bad that they don't see the customer service is the basis for the ring work anyhow welcome to the family hope you have many fun miles riding
It may not be legal but I have a Dr's note!

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 04:25:37 pm »
 :400: to the forum with all things Trophy!  Let the farkling begin!
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Old Hand

• Trophy Member
  • Old Hand
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Concours 14
  • City / Town: Markham
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 04:28:53 pm »
Congratulations, ColinM,  :152:
It's a pity about the dealer set-up being unsatisfactory, as the Trophy is a great bike. Did you get the Trophy from the dealer in Whitby or the one in Hamilton?
The forecast for this weekend looks good, so hopefully you'll be able to more Kms. on the bike this weekend.
Riding since 1973 ....

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 04:30:43 pm »
Glad you like the bike.  I have never had any problem with the TPMS (no problems apart from recalls at all actually).  I find now that I am getting faster and faster round corners especially after using 40PSi in front (in another thread).

I think a lot of the experience (poor experiences) are down to the dealers.  Perhaps we are a bit blessed over here that the dealers are closer to the main factory and perhaps the support is better like training on new models and processes.

Hope you keep enjoying it and finding out new things all the time.

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 04:36:19 pm »
Should have added that I put grip puppies on to 'fatten' up the grips just about as soon as I got the bike.  It does stop a bit of the heat from the heated grips but not alll and still manages to keep my hands warmish in winter.  I think the fatter grips help with throttle control and now I am used to it I can use my thumb to set the criuse without accelerating?

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Trenton
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 07:00:30 pm »
where do you get grip puppies been trying to find the product similar to that without any luck
It may not be legal but I have a Dr's note!

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 07:07:36 pm »
Try searching eBay for "Grip Puppies" and also "Grip Buddies"  :028:

tweedy-bunch