Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Replacement of Rear Bevel Box oil at 1st Service?  (Read 6825 times)

Offline Robmcg

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2013
  • City / Town: Adelaide
Replacement of Rear Bevel Box oil at 1st Service?
« on: March 21, 2013, 03:53:37 AM »
Here in Aussie, it seems that they do not change this oil at 1st service.  :110:

Glenk69 did not have his changed and when I inquired today, it was not on the specified list for first service.

It's no big deal, as I'll do it myself, but it seems odd that it's done in Blighty, elsewhere and not in Australia.

Has anyone actually had it done on the first service?

The charge for the first service is high, $300A, so I wonder that it should be done for that price, but the service department has no listing.  :192:
Cheers
Rob

Ndo

Re: Replacement of Rear Bevel Box oil at 1st Service?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 05:11:35 AM »
You can just about bet they forgot to do it

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 09:02:19 AM »
I am not sure whether mine was done on the first service but it did only cost me £70.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 11:04:09 AM »
Mine's going in for its 1st service this afternoon. I'll let you know what's included later.
Caoimhín

Offline loads of miles

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Silver
  • City / Town: Welwyn Garden City
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 12:26:09 PM »
Had My first service done on Monday £69  for oil and oil filter  ( free labour ) ,so one assumes that near enough the right price for oil etc looking at Berbers comments .
Roll on some GOOD weather  so we can do more RIDING
Loads of miles

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 06:30:14 PM »
Just home. €74 for oil, filter and washer. The only other items on the schedule for the 1st service are a good look around, particularly at the fasteners, and hook it up to check for any error messages. Changing the final drive oil is not included or recommended.  I quizzed the service guy and another chap on the sales floor who handles warranty claims who both confirmed the situation - and that the Explorer shares the same components and they've never had a warranty claim for final drives. Reassuring.

On the run home I noticed that there's now some slack in the throttle before it starts to take effect. They must have done a software update. I had just got used to the hair trigger throttle, now I'll have to re-learn. If it eliminates the cruise control cancelling on the slightest throttle movement I'll be pleased.
Caoimhín

Offline loads of miles

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Silver
  • City / Town: Welwyn Garden City
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 07:12:54 PM »
Hi Caoimhin  , Thats interesting I thought it was just me that found it hard to not deactivate the cruise control ....and it doesnt feel right or safe  riding along with your right hand anywhere else than on the handlebar .Will ask my dealer when I pop in this Saturday  Thanks for the heads up .
enjoy

Loads of miles

Ndo

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 07:26:37 PM »
I am  changing my oils at 600, 1000, 2000 and between 3--5 thousand miles afterwards...my Trophy will always run on squeeky clean oil

tweedy-bunch