Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Top Box Back Pad  (Read 3288 times)

Offline neojynx

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fareham
Top Box Back Pad
« on: July 26, 2014, 08:24:21 pm »
Hi

Can anyone recommend a replacement backpad for the TT top box.  My other half wont go on the bike without the top box supporting her back, but she finds that the Triumph 'pad' is too hard.

Can anyone suggest a decent and more comfortable alternative.  BTW is the current pad stuck on?  I guess it is.

thanks

Garry

Offline nakerr

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE - RIP
  • City / Town: Ft. Saskatchewan, AB
Re: Top Box Back Pad
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 08:38:49 pm »
Givi sells a pad for their E52 that if I remember right is softer. And yes the a Triumph one is stock on with automobile tape. Mild heat and dome dental floss should get it off without too much trouble.
Norm

...Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Bilbo Baggins

Past owner of 2014 Triumph Trophy SE (Pacific Blue) - RIP; - next bike ???

Offline neojynx

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fareham
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 09:09:59 pm »
thanks for the response.  don't see much on the E52 available, any alternatives?   Im not bothered about the cost -it is for the chancellor of the exchequer ;)

thanks

G

Offline Trophy 59

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE, XV750 Bobber
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 02:06:34 am »
Neo, is she wearing a jacket with back protection insert? If not, try one, see if it makes a difference.  Good luck with your problem solving.
Don't grow up, it's a trap...

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 02:42:49 am »
Yeah, the minister of finance needs what the minister of finance needs.  Been there (still am truth be told), seen that.  Is she looking for soft, or just more support?  If it's more support/thicker pad, then maybe one of the custom seat mfr's could take the pad and make one to order and match the vinyl cover.  That might take some careful measurements from guess who, but might be worth inquiring about.  I can understand it being very unpleasant to be the pillion and also be uncomfortable and wish you the best for a solution.  At least she rides with you!
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 01:46:34 pm »
I got one like this but it bolts on to the givi (on the Sprint?) and it is contoured a bit to fit the curve but it is quite soft expanded foam.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GIVI-B33-MONOLOCK-MONOKEY-TOP-BOX-CASE-RUBBER-BACKREST-SUPPORT-E130-BACK-REST-/191267880668?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2c88743edc

I have no connection with seller etc???