Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: WHY THIS?  (Read 4800 times)

Offline biboy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY 1200 2013
  • City / Town: napoli
WHY THIS?
« on: July 27, 2014, 09:54:51 pm »

Why the bike is givin me LOW PRESSURE warning at 2.8 and 3.0 barg of pressure, when in other situations, with 2.6 and 2.8 pressures, for example, no warning is given.

furthermore, does anybody can confimr me how many blinks the suspension light make, after changing the suspension setup from SPORT to COMFORT (for example) while moving with the bike (I do not intend the load change).
I got only one blink. Is that normal ?
Thank you
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 09:58:08 pm by biboy »

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Casa Grande
Re: WHY THIS?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 10:38:29 pm »
I have experienced some issue with the TPMS as you mentioned. I took 5 lbs out and then brought them up to OEM spec (38/42) and so far have not seen the issue reoccur. My bike is brand new so I don't know if there is some kind of calibration process to go through. I found nothing in the manual.
Serial BMW rider

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 08:19:45 am »
azgman

Here is my experience with the tyres. A few months ago whilst out riing in rain and horrible weather I had stopped for a bite to eat.

When returning to the bike and just riding off the Red warning light came on for low tyre pressure it was reading 36psi in the rear.

Stopped and inspected the tyre. There appeared to be a small screw in the centre of the tyre. The annoying thing was this was only 1000m. from new.

I carry a small compressor and blew the tyre back up to 42/43psi and decided to continue home. . The pressure went up to around 44psi and remained at hat until I got home.

Next day a did a puncture repair and that fixed the problem. Later I had the tyre changed for new.

Answer to your question my sensor comes on at 36psi rear. Not sure what the front is but would expect around 30/32 psi for the warning.

as for the  suspension light I have never bothered to count the "blinks" as long as it "blinks " and then goes off I am happy with that.

seadog
seadog

Offline biboy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY 1200 2013
  • City / Town: napoli
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 02:22:31 pm »

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 03:17:31 pm »
Biboy

There is a definite problem there. Have you checked the Tyre pressures with another tyre gauge even a manual one. If the pressure has dropped to 36psi on the manual gauge the Computer readings need calibrating from your dealer.

If the reading is the same then I think calibration is required or the TPMS needs looking at.

seadog
seadog

Offline sungunr

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Arizona
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 04:04:45 am »
*Originally Posted by biboy [+]

Biboy

I had the exact same occurrence on my 2013 after having a "faulty" rear TPMS changed.  I have discovered the tire needs to be above 40psi on the rear or all kinds of odd things occur.   I had the display change exactly as yours but once I restarted the bike it returned to normal and once I increased pressure above 40 no more problems or recurrences of the display issues.   
"That's bold talk from a one eyed fat man"

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 08:32:59 am »
Hi biboy & sungunr,

For the benefit of other Members that may experience a similar problem,
I have added this issue, and the remedy of increasing the pressure,
to the "HOW TO : Check the most common faults & issues - Page 3 topic,
under the alphabetically listed heading of :

"TPMS : NO TPMS on Instrument Panel Centre Line ( Blank Display )
together with an acknowledgement of your contributions   :028:

Many thanks for letting us all know about this  :169:

Offline ride200mi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph SE
  • City / Town: Central CA
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 04:40:22 pm »
*Originally Posted by biboy [+]

Why the bike is givin me LOW PRESSURE warning at 2.8 and 3.0 barg of pressure, when in other situations, with 2.6 and 2.8 pressures, for example, no warning is given.

furthermore, does anybody can confimr me how many blinks the suspension light make, after changing the suspension setup from SPORT to COMFORT (for example) while moving with the bike (I do not intend the load change).
I got only one blink. Is that normal ?
Thank you

I really haven''t had a problem with the TPI but the other question about how many blinks or warning until it goes off..?? I found that sometimes it will blink until I stop, turn off the bike completely, wait maybe 15 sec and then restart the bike. It will flash for maybe 2 blinks and then everything is good. Kinda annoying for sure…...
Life is a limited time offer, live deliberately, ride often!!!