Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Why I will NOT buy from or service my Trophy again or recommend my dealer.  (Read 7654 times)

Offline ColinM

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Toronto
1. Sales person was going to look around and get wholesale price for my bike and call me - never happened.
2. Sales person answered every call while I was trying to buy a Trophy (and made out calls).
3. Did not tell me that top box had to be ordered and would not be on the bike when I picked it up.
4. Picked up the bike and low tire light came on just after I left the dealership.
5. I had to ask where the top box was - told it was on order.
6 Called a few days later asking about the top box. was told takes about a week.
7 Called back a week and a half later and asked about the top box. - Oh yes all the parts are here, no one called you because it was sold with the bike... OMG how duh. - Sales?
8. Said I have to call service to see when they can fit me in. Fit me in????
9. Have to wait another week and a half for installation. 1st service will be way past due.
10. After I get the top box installed and 1st service done. They will never ever see me again. And anyone else I can tell about my experience there.

Offline ColinM

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Toronto
I spent $20,000 at this dealer. I deserve better treatment than this.

I will make sure the dealer owner and Triumph knows about my shoddy treatment. Totally unacceptable.

Am I pissed. You bet ya.

Offline Gladiator99

• Trophy Member
  • Be the person you would like to meet
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Triumph trophy
  • City / Town: Kelowna
Yes, I can relate as I have had similar experience with some dealers.  Once you have made the purchase and spent a bundle, it seems like you are just a big inconvenience to them.   
Hopefully they will soon realize that you may discourage many other folks from dealing with them and they have lost a valuable customer because of poor service and a don't care attitude.
There are lots of dealers who will go overboard for you as a customer. 
Hope you find a better dealer to service your bike.
cheers,
JIm   :821: :821: :157:
PREVIOUS RIDES:
1953 Ariel 350  1970 Norton Commando  1975 Honda 250 XL  1977 Kawasaki 1000 LTD
1984 Honda V65 Magna 1989 Yamaha Venture
2006 BMW K1200 LT

Offline strathroy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Strathroy
My dealer has been and is great London Ontario

Offline ride200mi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph SE
  • City / Town: Central CA
*Originally Posted by ColinM [+]
I spent $20,000 at this dealer. I deserve better treatment than this.

I will make sure the dealer owner and Triumph knows about my shoddy treatment. Totally unacceptable.

Am I pissed. You bet ya.

Hummm, not to say that you don't have a valid point, but…… I'm thinking there may be more to the story. I say that because….. I've been on both sides of the desk…. And what seems to happen, is someone didn't convey the importance of the sale and what it entailed. I have always asked about the things that are implied, i.e. Do you have the top box in stock? If not, when will it be in?
As for the the low tire, I would have turned around and returned to the dealer (you didn't mention what happen then) and cautioned them on the check list. Maybe take another look to be sure all items were checked. OR was there something that punctured the tire during the test ride..???
Everyone is quick to slam people for a simple miscommunication (except for the tire). But I would certainly have had a sit down with the sales manager (mainly due to the low tire pressure).
As for your old motorcycle, maybe there wasn't enough information of pricing for it. But I would have done that research before going into any dealer. But yes, he should have at lease call you on what info he could or couldn't get.
Yah, $20K maybe a lot of money but there are a lot more expensive motorbikes out there and with more costly service intervals.
So hay, move on to another dealer if you are dis-satisfied…..
Life is a limited time offer, live deliberately, ride often!!!

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Yes there are 2 sides to a story.... dealerships need to be given a fair chance to behave well and we don't know all of the facts for sure.

BUT, all dealerships should be aware that they are there to provide a first class service in order to let their current and future customers know that they care about them and their machines. After all, with out us, they are nothing very quickly. If you are not happy then give them first chance to rectify things by letting them know clearly how they have let you down. But if they fail to listen, move on, find another dealership who will treat your custom as the special thin that it is.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
I agree with all the comments. But you say he was on the phone all the time while dealing with you. If that is the case That should have been a warning sign. I would have got up and left. leaving my contact number telling him to call me.

Then find a better dealer. That is not just bad salesmanship but discourteous and rude. Doesn't matter what business he was in.

seadog
seadog

Offline madmechanic

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: blackpool
Had a bad experience with the dealer I bought the bike from (they own two shops in the north west) never been spoke to in the way they did by anybody I was giving my business  and hard earned money to , what made it worse I later found out was it was not a member off staff but the owner   :110:
  I don't rant a rave , I just take my money else where and now use Bill Smith in Chester , very helpful , polite and professional
 One thing they said to me was that nobody NEEDS  a motorbike they WANT one and nobody HAS to bring it to us they CHOOSE to and we thank you for both  :028: :152:
  Some dealers must think opposite  :112: :151:

tweedy-bunch