Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: I Can't seem to win with this Trophy  (Read 3689 times)

Offline Trumpet

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE
I Can't seem to win with this Trophy
« on: July 30, 2014, 07:35:19 am »
First, the TT has been my favorite bike ever!

I got the maiden 2013, it was falling apart and there are no qualified mech in my woods... and I sold it

I looked into the 2014 and there were numerous recalls. I refrained.

I am looking into the 2015 because the Triumph Dealership was bought by a big Harley shop. They sent a couple of mechs to Triumph-mech basic school,  but as I found later, not the Trophy school. Triumph will not sell a Trophy to any shop without sending a mech to qualify. Again, I find myself a prospective buyer but without any mechanical-shop support.

My only option appears to be to leave my job, my family, renounce my tribal identity and move to England...sheet!

Given a lot of the problems that keep propping up, owning a TT without mechs is not an good idea.
Today, the shop manager tells me that Triumph has a weird warranty procedure: mechs have to fill out reports and send them to Triumph to have the warranty honored; then they look at it and mail the part back at their will without the shop knowing when or how the part will arrive. As opposed to the Harleys, which they fixed on the spot, send the customer on its way and then do the paper work for warranty.

In other words, this is the third year I try to own a TT and the odds just pile up against buying it.

The short time I had the 2013 it was the most comfy, best riding bike...it was also the most problematic bike I ever had.
If I had money I wouldn't be on this board now
I wanna be Hefner's roommate
I trade ignorance and youth for old age anytime

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
Re: I Can't seem to win with this Trophy
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 01:26:26 pm »
Decision is easy

Weather is good over here at the moment  :017:

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 01:55:03 pm »
I love the bike when its right, but I've had too many issues, even for a new model.  There is no way I'd recommend anyone buy one, especially without a good dealer nearby.  All of my problems have been handled quickly as possible  by my dealer, but I still have to have the wife follow me over to drop the bike off and take me back to pick it up.  Last time I dropped the Trophy off, she asked me which bike we were taking and when I said the "Blue one" she said "That bikes in the shop more than the garage."  When your wife notices there is definitely a problem!

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 03:08:58 pm »
I've had 6000 trouble-free miles on my 2013 TTSE. The bike is a blast.
I think the kinks are now worked out. Go for it.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline donmoe

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Jupiter, FL
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 03:57:05 pm »
Like "Bludy L" I too have had good luck with my early 2013 Trophy SE and in the past 18 months have put just over 61,000 miles on it.

Don
2015 BMW R1200GSA 2004 BMW R1150RT
2013 Triumph Trophy SE 1981 Kaw KZ1000 Shaft
2010 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1974 Kaw Z1
2008 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1973 Kaw H1

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 04:11:57 pm »
My reg 2012 trophy se had 3000miles on when I bought from Triumph (Launch bike) I have put 9000 trouble free miles on in the last year. baring in mind I am away for half of that at sea so 9000miles in approx. 6months.

Still running great

seadog
seadog

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 05:37:06 pm »
*Originally Posted by donmoe [+]
Like "Bludy L" I too have had good luck with my early 2013 Trophy SE and in the past 18 months have put just over 61,000 miles on it.

Don

Holy Crap Don!  That's a lot of ridin'.

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 05:37:40 pm »
I bought mine with 3K on it in September last year and have just shy of 14K on it now.

tweedy-bunch