Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Back home!  (Read 2374 times)

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Grand Cane, LA
Back home!
« on: July 30, 2014, 01:48:28 pm »
Well I made it back from my trip to Nova Scotia on Monday afternoon. All in all was a pretty good trip. 5500 miles round trip in 10 days from Louisiana. Lots of good roads to ride up in the Northeast. The bike did a wonderful job. I did have a couple of minor hiccups. If you've kept up with the post about the LED headlights then you will know that the ones I had used didn't pan out. The low beams on both sides burned out for some reason so ended up putting some regular H4s back in half way into the trip. Had the same saddlebag strap issue as many on here have had but on the side that I hardly ever open. Good thing my foot was under the bag or else I would've had some nasty scratches on the left side. I got out run believe it or not on 6th gear roll on by my brother and his Goldwing. Heck even beat me if I shifted down to 5th. This really flies if you keep the rpms up around the 5000 mark though. Only other issue I had was with the ergonomics. I kept getting pain between my shoulders from the handlebars being so low. Going to have to put some spacers under them since GenMar is not going to make the risers.
Now for the trip part. If anyone is headed to Nova Scotia anytime soon, the Cabot trail is definitely a must ride. Most of the road is in fairly decent shape except around the northwest part. Several potholes and ruts. It was low tide so most of the coves had very little water so pictures didn't look so great. Getting to Cape Breton is a blast of super slab riding. How the Canadains have such a smooth highway is something the U.S. needs to learn from! Also if you're up that way visit Prince Edward Island or PEI as they refer to it. Several small towns and communities that very nice. Lighthouse tour is also a must. Amazing how many different styles of building they can use for a lighthouse.
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
Re: Back home!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 03:11:48 pm »
Thanks for the advice. I'm headed up there in two weeks, Gaspe Bay Peninsula, Quebec next week.

Sorry that we didn't get to link up when you went through Bangor. Glad you made it home safely!
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 03:22:24 pm »
Atvtinker

Glad to hear you had a good trip and a few miles racked up. Issues seem to be height related and after market equipment :001:

So all in all the bike ran well so another positive for touring on the Trophy :047:

Seadog
seadog

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Grand Cane, LA
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 06:16:01 pm »
Seadog, I'm going to be contacting the manufacturer and seller sometime this week.

BludyL, we may not have got a chance to meet, but at least I got hear a voice to go with the name. May be I can catch you on a future trip up that way. Y'all have some nice country up that way so I will definitely be visiting that way again.
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Old Hand

• Trophy Member
  • Old Hand
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Concours 14
  • City / Town: Markham
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 08:13:58 pm »
*Originally Posted by Bludy L [+]
Thanks for the advice. I'm headed up there in two weeks, Gaspe Bay Peninsula, Quebec next week.

Sorry that we didn't get to link up when you went through Bangor. Glad you made it home safely!

Gaspe is definitely a fun ride.  :062: If you get a chance to ride along the the north shore of the St Lawrence River, I would definitely recommend it.
If this is your first visit to the area and would like some suggestions about fun roads in the area, send me a PM and I'll send you some info.
Have a great ride.
Riding since 1973 ....

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 11:43:29 pm »
*Originally Posted by Old Hand [+]
Gaspe is definitely a fun ride.  :062: If you get a chance to ride along the the north shore of the St Lawrence River, I would definitely recommend it.
If this is your first visit to the area and would like some suggestions about fun roads in the area, send me a PM and I'll send you some info.
Have a great ride.

We have only three days. It will be Bangor to Perce, Perce to Rimouski, RImouski back home.
The first day will be a bit of a push and the next two fairly leisurely.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.