Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Joining for info  (Read 1048 times)

Offline kbacon53012

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 07 FJR
  • City / Town: Sturgeon Bay WI
Joining for info
« on: March 21, 2013, 06:56:16 PM »
Hello. Am considering a purchase of a Trophy to replace either the GL1800 or the FJR I currently own. Plan to do as much research as possible using comments from owners in sites like this. Frankly I am a bit concerned about purchasing an initial year model. Might want to wait for Triumph to work out the bugs. However, i'm not getting any younger and the urge to ride remains strong. MCN had an interesting review in the current issue that compared Trophy closely to the R1200RT-my other consideration. I'll be lurking around collecting owner impressions and asking an occasional question as part of my data gathering. Thanks for having me.

Offline loads of miles

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Silver
  • City / Town: Welwyn Garden City
Re: Joining for info
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 07:08:42 PM »
Hi kbacon53012  ( thats a mouthfull .)
Look on the general chat forum and on there there is one Likes and Dislikes that has just started  so that will help you .I read a review compairing the BMW and Trophy which was right down the middle  but like all things its a personal preferance .I had a Yamaha Fazer 1000 with panniers a super bike but I have to say the Trophy is so much better in most ways .In fact the only way it  isnt better is outright top speed and acceleration ....but getting older all the time this sbecomes less important and I am sure once run in the Trophy will suit me just fine and my reactions will be able to keep pace with the speed...

Enjoy Load of miles

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 07:12:18 PM »
Welcome. In my opinion the Trophy would replace both of your current bikes very well and give you a 'one bike does all' machine. I came from a BMW K1200LT an I love mine. I hope you get the information you need to make a decision.
Caoimhín

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 10:37:54 PM »
I joined for a similar reason and am picking up my new blue one today  :046:.
Took one out for the day and that was that. We have had 2 mag reviews recently and the Trophy comes up trumps both for single & 2 up riding. Its an exciting and very comfortable bike.
I am trading in my Thunderbird 1700 this morning and as much as I have enjoyed that bike the Trophy is just so much more and more fun to ride.
Good luck with your decision its always interesting weighing it all up. Also I have too many Triumph tee shirts to swap now!
I thought about waiting for a year for any bugs to be ironed out but quickly dismissed that as lifes just too short.
Simon