Value of Trophy looking to buy by TStol
[Today at 12:42:28 am]

Left the Fold - at least for now... by Saddle Tramp
[Today at 12:28:36 am]

2017 SE value by TStol
[Yesterday at 11:28:13 pm]

movement/play at the rear wheel by digital
[Yesterday at 09:00:40 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Lone Star Cycles in Austin, Texas sold  (Read 1339 times)

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Lone Star Cycles in Austin, Texas sold
« on: August 03, 2014, 01:34:46 am »
Came across the fact on the K1600 forum.  Apparently the company that owns Woods Fun Centers has bought Lone Star Cycles, a long time BMW/Triumph dealer in Austin, Texas.  A top notch operation for any and all service/maintenance issues for either brand in the past, I only hope that continues.  From the posting on the other forum the owners, Robert and Peter a going to stay on for a transitional period.  I wish them the best for the rest of their lives in whatever they may do.  They built a class operation with an outstanding reputation in Texas.  I hope the friendly atmosphere there, and all the quality employees remain the same in the future.  I wish this was merely rumor, but the source on the BMW K1600 forum is pretty reliable and well informed.
Ride safe all,
Glenn
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Lone Star Cycles in Austin, Texas sold
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 07:30:24 pm »
Not likely I would go all the way to Austin for service, but you never know.  Do you know anything about the purchaser, Woods Fun Centers?  What kind of reputation do they have?  Austin is a long distance to ride unless it is a sure thing. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Lone Star Cycles in Austin, Texas sold
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 10:45:24 pm »
I don't have any info on the new owners as far a reputation goes, and I don't know if it is the same company as the Woods Cycle in New Braunfels or not.  If they are indeed the same group of dealers, their service dept. will be open on Saturday, and I had my K1600 inspected there and they were very courteous and quick when they did that.  New Braunfels is a family operation, and every time I've been in there they were very friendly and helpful.  Not sure that an inspection experience has anything to do with their expertise in service.  The poster on the BMW forum stated that the BMW service side would be moving to I-35 and Braker Ln., which is a Woods Fun Center Honda dealer at the moment.  I'll keep an eye on that forum and see if there are any opinions on the new owners from time to time and post here with anything I come across, positive or negative.  If they open on Sat. it could be a good resource for someone on the road and needing tires or some other service.  If you're still on your trip, ride safe.
Glenn
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies