Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: My First Long trip on the Trophy  (Read 1774 times)

Offline TrophyCat

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Several
My First Long trip on the Trophy
« on: August 03, 2014, 05:58:19 pm »
So I booked a day off work on Friday, checked the weather forecast and decided to head East from my house in the Netherlands to the Harz Mountains in Germany. We headed to a small very old town in what used to be the old communist East Germany called Wernigerode. The bike was fully loaded with panniers and top box full to overflowing. Distance was 500kms each way and the weather was gorgeous and hot. Wonderful riding roads and the Trophy was superb on the twisties even with all the weight on board. We got back today at 3pm after 1030kms done in the weekend.
What a bike, no issues whatsoever, everything worked as it was supposed to, and thanks to the pleasures of the German autobahns was able to go really fast (up to 180kms/hr at a couple of places) . It's effortless touring and it pulls like train. I bought the Triumph inner pannier and top box bags so didn't have to struggle carrying heavy boxes around when we got to the hotel. If the Trophy can remain as good as it was this weekend, its a keeper.
Bike now has 3670kms on the clock.
My current babies:-
2013 TTSE
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650
1997 Yamaha Virago 1100
1979 Suzuki GS750E

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: My First Long trip on the Trophy
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 06:00:58 pm »
Hi there Trophycat.... glad you had a good trip.... yeah, this bike handles so well even when loaded up! :821:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 06:19:40 am »
I'm sure it was a great trip.  When I worked in Germany I had the chance to hike the Harz a couple of times.  Wonderful place
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 06:22:57 am »
Trophy cat

Glad to hear you had a good trip. Agree the bike is brilliant and performs well in all conditions.

:152:

seadog
seadog

tweedy-bunch