Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Zumo 590 Instructions cutting out  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Brian Ross

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St Léger Magnazeix
Zumo 590 Instructions cutting out
« on: August 04, 2014, 06:07:47 am »
Hi. Has anyone else had this problem? Zumo 590 fitted to my SE. Paired with my Nolan N104 without problem. Went out for first ride last night, with my partner wearing her N104 which was paired to my helmet. I could chat with her with no problem, and when there was an instruction coming from the Zumo the connection to her dropped out (with a warning signal), the instruction came through my headset, then I was returned to chat with my partner, again after a warning beep.

The problem I was having was that the instructions usually did not finish. So I would hear something like "in a quarter of a mile" or "at the next roundabout take"but not the remainder of the instruction. OK, so I could then check the screen but clearly that is not how it is meant to be.

Any quick fixes people have come across, or shall I contact Garmin.

Thanks,
Brian

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Zumo 590 Instructions cutting out
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 06:16:39 am »
I have not had that problem but then my 590 is connected to the bike and I have tapped into the speakers so I don't think it is a Garmin problem.

Is the Nolan bluetooth system a twin channel?? Is it intended to keep a helmet to helmet connection on ne channel with the garmin voice instructions on the other? If it is only a one channel device then I suspect the handshaking that goes on to keep two paired units connected is such that the helmet to helmet connection butts back in after the garmin has taken the connection momentarily to give you instructions.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 09:39:38 am »
Hi Meering,

A couple of things spring to mind that you could check, which might help ..

1.  Set the individual volume of the Garmin higher ( on the Garmin device volume settings ).
     It may be that the volume is a bit too low, and any built in "Squelch" in the N-COM system
     thinks the message has ended,  so turning it up might prevent it switching back to Intercom mode too early.

2.  Check you have the latest Firmware installed in both helmets - if it's the N-COM B4 system you have,
     an update was published a few months ago - upgrading it to B4 "PLUS".

Regards,

Offline Brian Ross

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St Léger Magnazeix
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 12:51:56 pm »
Thanks gents. I'm working away this week - without the bike unfortunately so can't try the suggestions until the weekend.

The voice instructions only go to one helmet - the first to connect, although you can then change that on the screen. Might as well unpair Julia's if it is never going to be of any use for her.

Brian

tweedy-bunch