Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Additional Extras  (Read 2530 times)

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Additional Extras
« on: March 22, 2013, 11:02:41 AM »
There are some items I personally need for my bike that will enhance my ride or protect me. The following are items I intend to purchase in the future:

Air horns (needed when filtering. The current horn fitted to the bike is pathetic).

Louder exhaust. Again will help when filtering and will perhaps eliminate the ‘sewing machine’ sound).

Hugger (to prevent spray around rear wheel arch (already ordered).

Additional riding lights (there are some great ones on the market that are unobtrusive and bright).

What do you intend to purchase?
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Trophy Bike

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: New York
Re: Additional Extras
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 12:20:25 PM »
I'm considering air horns.
Exhaust I'll probably leave.  I changed one on another sport tourer and was sorry I did.  Looked good and weighed a lot less but it made the bike too "drony" on highway rides.
Hugger is ordered.
Adjustable output riding lights.
Tank bag.  Looks like it will be the Triumph one right now- and right after I buy it I'm sure the aftermarket will come out with something interesting!

Ndo

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 06:00:59 AM »
Ok, I found out what is a "hugger".

Are you guys removing the rear fender to place that tiny fender on?...Geez, I don't think that would work well in the rain ah?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 06:05:25 AM by Ndo »

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 10:21:48 AM »
No. All the original bike parts are left intact. The hugger is assembled in a couple of minutes between sips of coffee. Then the two bolts that hold the rear brake caliper on are removed (i'd suggest one at a time, then nothing moves). The hugger bracket is fitted to the caliper mounting points with longer bolts and spacers and the hugger itself sits just over the tyre. I don't know how effective it'll be as, typically, it hasn't rained since I fitted it. I suspect it'll keep the shock area cleaner but that I'll be fitting some sort of rear mudguard extension and sealing up openings under the rear seat around the light area.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 10:32:26 AM by Caoimhín »
Caoimhín

Ndo

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 08:26:54 PM »
I am trying to figure out where I can order the fender extender for the front fender. My shop charges 58 bucks. But donmoe claims it costs 49.99

do you know where one gets these parts you all talking about?

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 08:34:29 PM »
So eight bucks more for your $20K bike ...? And you don't have to do a thing ... :084:
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Ndo

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 08:37:22 PM »
Good point bythebay.

I would have to install it myself. I am still looking for the site where one can order these and those huggers folks are talking about.

I thought huggers where to make the bike look more like a race-look and one would remove the rear fender? no?

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 08:51:59 PM »
No it is to prevent road trash from bean thrown onto rear shock area and I hope help from the same to the voids in the rear fender under pillion seat , at least that is my hope ...  :821:
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!