Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Quebec  (Read 2801 times)

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
Quebec
« on: August 09, 2014, 03:11:31 am »
We just finished a 3-day, 1070 mile tour around the perimeter of the Gaspe Peninsula, Quebec from our home in Maine. Each day we encountered a wee bit of precipitation but only enough to dampen our rain suits, not our spirits. We rode route 132 all the way from Gaspe to Rimouski.

The south shore of the peninsula is beautiful but the weather was uncooperative for us. The highlight of the ride was the stretch from Gaspe to Saint Anne des Monts, It included lots of elevation changes, some very twisty roads and beautiful scenery.

The negative were lots of road construction and little repair zones that were 15 yards of gravel that hadn't yet been paved. Overall the road conditions were quite good. Nonetheless I highly recommend this ride to everyone. At Forillon National Park I stopped and waved across the Atlantic to all of you on the other side of the pond.

The Trophy performed flawlessly and seemed to get stronger throughout the ride even though I left the parking lights on all night.

My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Quebec
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 07:51:29 am »
That looks like a beautiful run Bludy L!

Quite jealous!

Glad you had a great time. :169:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 08:04:04 am »
Looks like a great ride. If I ever get over that part of the world on a bike it will takes ages to decide where to go!

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 05:45:32 am »
I did that ride (well I started in Upstate New York so not exactly the same ride) back in 1978.  What scenery!  I still think of it now and then nearly 40 years later.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 06:58:31 am »
Looks like a great trip!  The closest I've ever been on 2 wheels is Montreal.  That was in 1972, riding around on a bicycle, while spending about 8 months there with my older brother.  I guess I need to go back on the Trophy some day!
Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
STONEY

Offline Ray_B

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '15 SE (ex '13 SE)
  • City / Town: Central New Jersey
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 04:20:04 pm »
I also did the Gaspe loop last year as part of a longer run. From New Jersey to Matane, Que, around the eastern point, then on to the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia and south to the West Quoddy Lighthouse in Maine (eastern-most point of USA) before returning to NJ. 8 days, 3100 miles. Dry the 1st 5.5 days but lots of rain and fog beginning in NS for the rest of the trip home. Note that fuel can be few and far between north of Bangor, Maine so plan accordingly.
Ray

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 07:11:26 pm »
Did you see us all waving back ?    :046:  :080:   :046:  :080:  :046:

The Trophy performed flawlessly and seemed to get stronger
throughout the ride  even though I left the parking lights on all night.
Was that on purpose this time ? !  :007:

I've lost track a bit - have you had the Audio Module changed yet,
or are you still riding with the fuse pulled ?

Either way if you've had the Parking lights on overnight, with no problems,
then it looks like your previous "Dead Battery" problems are sorted now :028:

Cheers  :821:

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 07:48:38 pm »
Parking lights were left on by accident and the battery weather the storm just fine. However that battery died and one more after that.

I left the bike at the dealer last weeks and they promised to call as soon as it was done. Being impatient I called Thursday and they told me the audio module was replaced on Monday and has been sitting  for several days. Thanks for being prompt!!!  They have been monitoring the battery and they said it's solid.

I hope to pick it up tomorrow and let it sit a bit when I get home to see what happens. The Bonneville will be getting a good work out in the mean time.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

tweedy-bunch