Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Need advice from owners who own both Trophy and Explorer  (Read 4121 times)

Offline Bluebird

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: St Clears
Re: Need advice from owners who own both Trophy and Explorer
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 07:02:30 am »
As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am a happy Trophy owner, it's a great bike. But I would have to sat the GSA is the finest bike I have ever owned.

Offline davidcumbria

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue SE 2014
  • City / Town: South Lakes
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 09:01:30 am »
I traded in a 2013 GSA triple black for my Trophy. I couldn't get happy with the amount I had invested in it versus the niggles  - burning oil ( voraciously at motorway speeds), wobbly leg syndrome if coming to halt on an adverse camber, uncomfortable top box for pillion  and difficult mount/ dismount, aluminium boxes that look shabby so quicky. Far happier with my Trophy on all these issues plus way better engine and comparable agility. :002:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 09:04:39 am by davidcumbria »

Offline mastertrophy

• Trophy Member
  • My new solo bike
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy 2014 se
  • City / Town: Hobe sound
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 07:13:33 am »
well you aske for it.. I got a new trophy in march..love it...  my first sport bike..
I have gold wings too..   

Cruise control is great and the suspension i think awesome.. As to gas range I went from west monroe la to tuslausll al just over 300 mile on atank  65 to 69 speed range...   around town 52 wpb..  trip to la and back to fla was around 55 mpg..   Kind of expensive to add the rear trunk..  but oh well  was use to it with  the wings..
trip and gas computer system great.. when you get to  about 2 gallans left  idoit light comes on.. but you hav about 70 mile to go.. 

If you have any more questions.. please getwith me  mileage now around 12,000   OH motorridize windshield is awesome too    have fun Phil

tweedy-bunch