Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: why is this bike different ?  (Read 4721 times)

Offline davidcumbria

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue SE 2014
  • City / Town: South Lakes
why is this bike different ?
« on: August 15, 2014, 06:48:12 pm »
Great to see the thread with so many people giving a thumbs up to Trophy ownership. I was wondering today about why it is that I am always itching to take the bike out for spin even for just 15 min whenever I see it in garage. I have had other bikes that I would rate St1300, St1100, GS adventure and certainly enjoyed riding them on planned rideouts and trips  but only rarely felt the same compulsion to just to nip out for a spin. I think it is the prospect of comfort, light handling and intoxicating engine response that has got my juices flowing in a way that others couldn't manage. Anyone else recognise the Trophy effect ?

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: why is this bike different ?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 07:07:17 pm »
The only thing that usually holds me back in the summer is 100 degree F. plus temperatures.  You see I've taken to sleeping in most of the time since I'm retired so I'm not up early enough to ride in the pleasant 90 degree F. temperatures.  :745:
Ride safe, and pray for rain for those of us in Texas
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 07:11:08 pm »
+1 on this.

Took mine out today on a twisty fast A road we use within Durham Advanced Motorcyclists, Nirvana.  Just fresh from a 10,000 service and the bike was well on song.

Think I'll go for a ride.

Later

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline nervouswreck

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 TTSE
  • City / Town: SWFL
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 12:13:53 am »
For me;

1. I would say the engine has a lot to do with it.   I really enjoy the torque and sound when it's revving up.
2. The handling would be next which surprised the heck out of me when test riding.
3.  It is just an all round  fun well though out bike.
4. Some of the goodies which I didn't really care about are addictive like the Sirius radio and blue tooth capability. 

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 12:46:59 am »
 Due to the nasty winter we had  :190: in Ohio I didn't do much riding on my 2014 Trophy until March. I just did the 10,000 mile service today. In March the bike had 45 miles on it. I have two big trips out west coming up so by the time the snow flies in Ohio I will be close to 30,000 miles. I have NEVER put that many miles on one bike in a year and I have been doing this for 41 years. Yeah, I guess I like riding this bike.  :028:

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 12:52:31 am »
 I think that it is because it is great motorcycle to ride. All those extras on top make it easier to enjoy in all conditions. I am off for a ride through the mountains this weekend, high chance of rain Sunday -oh well  :084:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 07:54:38 am »
My last bike, a BMW K1200S was a great bike and I really enjoyed it... So I thought. I did 14,000 miles on it in the 6 years I had it before trading it in for my Trophy.

I have had my Trophy a little over a year and done, 10,000 miles already! This bikes just loves to be ridden and I love to ride it!
 :821:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 08:37:24 am »
I have had lots of bikes over the years all were good at some things and not so good at others every bike was a compromise until the Trophy. Screen down luggage of sports bike riding with my mates. Screen half way up bottle of water and some sandwiches getting lost down country lanes on my own. Screen high up raining I still enjoy riding it and since I stopped smoking I just keep going only stop for nature and petrol  :046:

tweedy-bunch