Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: saying HI  (Read 4082 times)

Offline Redneq

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ocala, Florida
saying HI
« on: August 15, 2014, 10:32:43 pm »
I have been a member of this Forum since May of 2014. Therefore, I thought I should finally say HI to my fellow members. I am a 2 finger typist so it is almost painful to do typing.

Some background. In May, during Sunday breakfast at our favorite restaurant, my wife announced she was bored with her 2002 Gold Wing and wanted to buy a new bike. She said she would like to look at a Honda CTX1300. I pointed out to her that her bike was in perfect condition and, therefore, did not need replacing. and because she had a custom paint job consisting of Hibiscus flowers and the words "Key West Express" the trade-in value was probably non-existent.

Ignoring my impeccable logic, we went to our local dealership, which sells nearly every brand of motorcycle on the planet.

After looking at the CTX1300, she decided that she really did not like it. I told her that I had really been impressed with the Triumph Trophy SE, which I had seen at the dealership in Daytona FL during Bike Week. Since this dealership also sold Triumphs, we went to look at them, just out of curiosity.

When she saw the blue Trophy, it was love at first sight. In addition, a good friend of ours is a salesman at this dealership. He happened to be working that day. He gave her some numbers, including an exceptional trade-in for her GL1800. After pointing out the total absurdity of her buying a new bike, she said those magic words "I'll pay for it". She rode the Trophy home.

Two days after buying the Trophy, we left for a month-long vacation to the northern states to visit with friends and family. So the Trophy did not accumulate any miles..

In recent years my riding has been decreasing drastically. I had two bikes a 2000 Honda ST1100/ABS and a 2001 GL1800. I probably have not put 300 miles total on both bikes in 2013 and 2014.

Upon our return, and with her permission, I rode the Trophy several times. It was magnificent. I called my friendly local Triumph salesman and asked him to work up a price with the ST1100 and Gold Wing as Trades. I now own a silver Trophy and cannot wait to ride every chance I can.

Offline nervouswreck

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 TTSE
  • City / Town: SWFL
Re: saying HI
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 10:46:34 pm »
 :401: to the forum.    You did pretty da n good for two fingers.  :745: :745:   

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 11:33:42 pm »
Hi redneq and welcome to the forum!  :400:

Looks like you were trapped by the test ride too!

Enjoy the bike!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 11:36:14 pm »
 :400: to the forum.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 08:13:23 am »
Hi redneq, and  :400:  to the Club !

Is "Mrs. redneq" a Forum member ???

Cheers  :821:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 08:26:17 am »
There can't be too many 2 Trophy families out there!  :062:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 01:29:34 pm »
welcome aboard  :821: would be great to have your better half joining the forum as well  :112:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 01:37:15 pm by Verdun95 »
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 01:32:17 pm »
Welcome matey.  :401: