Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Auxiliary Power Socket placement  (Read 5759 times)

Offline Canucks_Fan

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1050 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kennewick
Re: Auxiliary Power Socket placement
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 02:09:37 am »
*Originally Posted by Bythebay [+]
On line go to Radio World ... On the Trophy all but in box are power let , radio world has a great selection ... I mounted an additional power let in the Tupperware just behind battery ...
All right, I have to ask.  Why?  I'm still trying to figure out how to use all the power outlets I have with the bike, and you're adding more? :745:  I have iPhone on USB, radar detector on 12v beside USB, heated gear in the driver/passenger powerlets, laptop/SMH10R battery charging in topbox- what else is there that needs to be plugged in?  No sarcasm here, I'm genuinely curious.

Offline Canucks_Fan

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1050 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kennewick
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 02:10:47 am »
Ah, nevermind.  As soon as I hit the post button, I realized it must be for a GPS.  I'm running the powered factory mount so I didn't think that quite through all the way.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 07:53:56 am »
*Originally Posted by atuti [+]
Caoimhím:

Thank you very much for the information... To be honest down here in the south of Europe we do not miss a lot these heated clothes. On the other hand I have never seen amongst my biker friends anyone using a connector that matchs with these littel sockets.

Nevertheless I will try to look for an adapter to see if I am able to connect the battery charger or any other device like a cell phone charger for my wife to be able to have the Navigator on and giving me some driving directions... ejem! ejem! I am not very sure if I really want the latter....  perhaps is smarter not to give this opportunity....

Thanks

Hi if you have a BMW dealer close they will keep the small socket or will get them for you. They have been using them for years.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 06:21:10 pm »
Well if one doesn't mind the cost from BMW sure ...
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

tweedy-bunch