Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Where is the Aftermarket for the Trophy?  (Read 7039 times)

Offline RC

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Leander Tx
Where is the Aftermarket for the Trophy?
« on: August 18, 2014, 01:34:12 am »
I am so close in moving from my HD to a Trophy.  The deal is basically together..but I have not moved forward.  I really like the bike, but there are small things that bother me - stuff that on most other bikes would not be an issue.

For example, I'd like to lower the pegs, and put risers on the bars....but neither exist outside of some homemade versions that built.  (Mind you, well built.) 

It worries me that I would get this home and have very little ability to tweak it for comfort.  I am not looking for an aftermarket like the HD, I just want basic stuff like risers, peg lowering kits, extensions for shifter pegs, more than one option for crash bars (need highway pegs!), etc.  I guess I worried since the change from the HD to the Trophy is so major, the inability to adjust it for comfort gives me some pause.  Even the dealer as told me that they are not familiar with many parts sources out there other than OEM and the list of ~10 accessories they offer.

Sometimes how a bike is embraced by the aftermarket reflects upon the possible longevity of the model.

Is this stuff out there and it's just my googling skills in question?  I really hope I have just missed them, I really like the bike.

Offline av8or-dave

• Trophy Pro
  • Got Mine 8 OCT '18 - officially in the club now!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '17 TTSE & '82 SECA
  • City / Town: Liverpool
Re: Where is the Aftermarket for the Trophy?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 04:30:05 am »
I see another member has made a lot of mods th his that may interest you at this link:
https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,2208.0.html

Farkled the crap out of the SE (lights, wiring, footpegs)
[Modifications and Appearance]
Don't pick a fight with an old guy, because if he can't fight - he'll just kill you!

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 07:17:56 am »
After market for Triumph will not even come close to HD.  Triumph sells a fraction of the bikes HD does.  They are better in my opinion, but the downside is aftermarket parts

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 07:36:48 am »
The Trophy is also still a relatively new machine,
and it takes time for after market parts maunfacturers to catch up,
who have to establish if there is a financially viable market for their product,
before they can go into design and mass production.

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 11:06:21 am »
When a bike is designed properly in the first place there is very little demand for aftermarket bits  :164:

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 11:38:49 am »
two totally different types of bike.

The Trophy is designed right from the off as ride out the dealers and set off on your tour

The first thing I did with my Harley (which was a great bike) was take off the screen, Stage one tune, aftermarket pipes and lots of other bling. But I did do an excellent 5 week tour round Europe and Corfu for the 95th Anniversary of HD. But I could still have done that with the stock HD.
It all down to personal choice.

I think the Trophy has a limited Aftermarket requirement, ie extra lights, crash bars ect. NOt much more to add to what is already a great touring machine.

seadog
seadog

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 09:36:19 pm »
Although both are very old companies (Triumph older than Harley by a year) one model, a basic tractor, has been around for 50 years, the other a highly sophisticated tourer has been around a mere few years.  That could explain.  Or it could simply be that HD just needs more improvements :008:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 10:12:04 pm »
Yes... To get a Harley to ride anything like a modern bike you have to make a significant investment in additives.....

The Trophy comes ready to roll with all you need!
 :002:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧