Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: How much heat?  (Read 10281 times)

Offline traveler46

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Iowa
How much heat?
« on: August 18, 2014, 01:54:13 am »
I am looking into purchasing a new TTSE. I currently have a Concours 14, 1800 Wing, and a BMW GTL1600. On warm days, say 85 degrees and up, both the Wing and the Kawasaki can get a little warm from the radiator heat exiting the side of the fairing just as the Triumph. The BMW is the coolest  in warm weather as all the radiator heat seems to go under the bike. I am wondering how the Trophy is on warm days? Barry

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: How much heat?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 07:03:20 am »
There has been a lot of discussion on this.  We have a very useful search tool which is easy to use and should provide you with a lot of information.  My personal opinion, which not universally shared, is that the Trophy generates a lot of heat.  I guess your point of view depends on what bike you are coming from
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 07:14:05 am »
The ttse is a warm bike.   Anything about the low 80s is warm on this bike IMHO

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 07:31:21 am »
Hi traveler 46,

The best thing to do will be to go take a Test Ride on a hot day  :169:

The fairing does an excellent job of protecting the rider in bad weather,
and the trade off is that you don't get as much fresh air around your legs and body on hot days.

The beauty of the Trophy though is that you can lower the front screen part way,
or all of the way down, and get more air to your upper body and head.

Cheers  :821:

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 10:48:54 am »
I can only compare it to an FJR and BMW RT. the Trophy engine  generates virtually no heat unlike the FJR and boxer roasting your legs but as said above, the fairing is very good so you do not get any drafts around your legs or midriff but with the screen down you can get cool air to blow down the top of your jacket. So to sum up no the Trophy does not generate heat but it does not generate cool drafts either

Offline nervouswreck

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 TTSE
  • City / Town: SWFL
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 02:37:02 pm »
 I feel heat down around my feet and ankles and it bothered me a little at first but now I don't even think about it with.   I have some concerns about it though because one particular trip we took was an 18 day western US swing in July of 2012 and 14 of those days were in excess of 100 degrees sometime during the day.   I was on an RT and certainly would not have welcomed any additional heat  (I guess that is why we are going in September this year).

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 07:14:47 pm »
With mid 90's temps lately by 10 in the morning while I'm riding, I find the heat a bother at low speeds in town on my way back home.  Out on the road it is no issue since there is more airflow at highway speed.  I have R&G bars with some highway pegs mounted that also allow me to get some airflow through the legs of my mesh riding pants, and that makes life much better on the more boring roadways.  My K1600 seemed to have about the same issues in town as well.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline AVI.INC

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hawthorne CA.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 09:10:13 pm »
I wear Daytona boots they're great and jeans and some times Aerostich over pants have never had an issue with heat on this bike.
I must be going too fast for too long evey time i get back i'm younger!!