Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: stop a dead battery pull your radio fuse  (Read 4521 times)

Offline rider6661

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy
  • City / Town: rio vista
stop a dead battery pull your radio fuse
« on: August 19, 2014, 03:01:10 am »
Like most of you...you pulled out of your wallet $22,000 plus for the flagship bike from Triumph. And like many of you the first 200 miles you smiled. Then the battery started its tricks. Triumph which has to be the worst company to take care of its customers sticks its head in the sand and tell us its not that big a problem with the bike if they answer you at all. This seems to be mostly an north american problem so you boys in europe who have not had this problem good for you but dont tell me what a great bike it is when I can not ever depend on it to go 8 miles a day.... what a deal for $22000. I would like to have just 10 minutes with the suits of triumph just to put my finger in there chest.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: stop a dead battery pull your radio fuse
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 10:13:33 am »
Hi rider6661,

I have posted a response to your other "LOW VOLTAGE" message, so I won't dupluicate that here.

First of all I would say that I completely understand your frustration, and apparant anger,
but would also say that there is not much point venting it here, as we are all just
Forum Owners / Members like you, and Triumph themselves have no input here.

There have been other US Forum members that have been let down by individual Dealers,
and by certain individuals at Triumph US - at least one of whom has recently departed the Company.

The best advice I can give you, if you are having no joy with your Dealer,
is to Phone or email Triumph Head Office in your Country, listing the facts of your issues,
and ask for a response within a reasonable time - say 1 or 2 weeks, asking what they intend to do about it. 

If that doesn't get you anywhere, escalate the matter to Triumph in the UK.

You might also consider researching whatever "Lemon Laws" you may have recourse to,
such as the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act (beginning with Civil Code section 1790),
and mentioning these in your communications.

Having said all of the above, if your only problem is with the battery going flat,
this "could" be as a result of a faulty audio module that other owners have also experienced.
This fault has been discovered only fairly recently, so your Dealer may not even know about it !

That's what these Forums are for - sharing information for the benefit fo other Members,
so if you need any more information or help - it's probably in here somehwere  :169:

Let us know how you get on  :028:

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:51:15 am by Coconut »

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 02:06:06 pm »
Coconut

Good posting. :460: :460:

Take the advise 6661

seadog
seadog

Offline rider6661

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy
  • City / Town: rio vista
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 04:11:42 pm »
I have contacted triumph usa several times by phone and email..... not one response back from them. I would love to have a rally right in there parking lot with all the trrophy se owners
. sadly most could not show most likely due to there trophys not being able to start

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 04:24:19 pm »
John Bloor
Triumph Motorcycles Ltd
Jacknell Road
Hinckley
Leicestershire
LE10 3BS
United Kingdom

:028:

Offline ride200mi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph SE
  • City / Town: Central CA
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 03:48:38 pm »
So I'm seeing a bunch of comments/issues about the battery. Would it not be a help to buy a battery tender? I have had no issues with the battery, even on week long trips where I don't connect it to the tender but when at home it is connected all the time. I have had other motorbikes in the past where if I had not kept the tender on while at home, the battery would have been dead also. Case in point, a Harley I had for 1 year. A Aprilia Futura I had for 7 years. The Harley needed a new battery after 3 months but the tender helped with keeping it fresh from then on. The Futura needed one new battery after 5 years. The pulling of the radio fuse might be nice for some (like me because I don't listen to the radio) but some may not want the hassle.....
Life is a limited time offer, live deliberately, ride often!!!

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 05:55:49 pm »
A Battery Tender is always a good idea in my opinion,
but that won't fix the underlying problem ( if there is one ),
such as a faulty Audio Module draining power when the ignition is off
( which it shouldn't do ), any more than pulling its fuse will -
The cause of the problem needs to be indentified and fixed  :169:

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 08:56:55 pm »
I have ten bikes in the garage in running condition and none of them are on a battery tender. Suggesting that a bike has to be put on a tender to keep a glass mat battery from discharging is just plain wrong. A glass mat battery loses about 1 percent of its charge per month if they are in good condition.  Some of  my bikes go six months without being charged and start with no issues.   A couple of the newer ones won't do that because they have some electrics that are on even when the key is off, but they will go more than a month without being ridden and still start.  We're seeing Trophy's that won't go over night without draining the battery and that is an issue.

BTW, a dead battery is the one issue I haven't had with my Trophy.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:58:42 pm by Ernest T »