Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Went Down In Tennessee  (Read 5296 times)

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Trenton
Went Down In Tennessee
« on: August 19, 2014, 10:19:03 pm »
Had a long planned vacation to Tennessee togo do Deals Gap and the surrounding roads for a nice relaxing ride.  The trip down went without incident.  Had a great ride and the bike performed flawlessly.  The next morning however I was traveling through a construction zone and it had uneven pavement.  I transitioned over to the higher pavment when the gap between the two opened up and swallowed the front tire.  I went down pretty hard.  I am glad that I invested in the Highway bars.  They saved me from a lot more damage.  I lost both bag faces and the left front turn lamp.  what impressed me the most was the highway bars.  They in my opinion are the single best investment in this bike.  THEY SAVED MY ASS to be honest.

After getting the bike n=home to michigan I looked it over and after a big run around from my insurance company denying my claim!! I repaired the bike myself with tools on hand and some elbow grease for under 200 bucks.  I know that sound l]super low but to be honest if the dealer had to do the repairs it would have been a few thousand.  I had to bend and grind on the highway bars repaint them and replace a couple body parts but in the end back to normal..  Other than my broken wrist..  LOL  oh well will be back to riding again soon.  Be safe all

Kurt
It may not be legal but I have a Dr's note!

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
Re: Went Down In Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 11:14:38 pm »
What insurance company turned you down!

I want to be sure I don't have them!
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 11:19:15 pm »
State Farm. DONT USE THEM!!!  Been a customer for 15 years and thats how I got treated.

Offline rustynut01

• Trophy Member
  • Rustynut
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Oshawa
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 11:36:14 pm »
do you have collision?

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 11:39:39 pm »
I had full coverage there was no reason they should have denied my claim they're doing it on a technicality and there's nothing I can do about it I think that's a pretty sh#tty way to do business with somebody that has been a customer of theirs for 15 years but with that being said I was able to fix my bike myself to where you can't even tell that it was in an accident at all for 180 and a lot of elbow grease. But lesson learrned and its a testament to the design of the most crash bars. 

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 12:27:14 am »
I had State Farm on my house for 20 years, finally had a claim and they treated me like a liar and a crook.  Never again ever....

Dropped my TTSE at a stop, figure $800+ damage if I replaced everything.....   I superglued the broken tabs and replaced the turn signal lens and called it good.   Inevitable....
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2017 Honda Africa Twin NON-DTC
2021 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES ( in the mail )...

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 12:35:01 am »
Kind of what I did.  But still pissed about state farm.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 04:17:29 am »
What "technicality" did they use to turn you down?  To be frank I'm surprised that State Farm would do that.  I had them for 11 years for both house and car.  I had two claims on the car and one on the house. They paid every claim without protest.  One, a claim on my uninsured motorist rider, was for $50,000 to cover medical bills when an uninsured driver hit me. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST