Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Triumph Comfort Seat  (Read 4225 times)

Offline RC

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Leander Tx
Triumph Comfort Seat
« on: August 21, 2014, 07:52:26 pm »
Anyone have any input on it?  I have 1000 in credit for Triumph accessories and was wondering if it's that much better than stock.  It's under 200 bucks, so not too bad.

Offline carey

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
Re: Triumph Comfort Seat
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 08:24:48 pm »
I bought one for my Trophy. Didn't find much improvement over the stock one. I had the stock seat reworked in Daytona this year. It was much better.

Offline RC

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Leander Tx
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 08:47:13 pm »
Thanks!

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 09:07:53 pm »
I tried one and really felt no big improvement over the stock low seat.

Offline donmoe

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Jupiter, FL
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 09:38:22 pm »
My experience with Triumph's Comfort Seat is more positive than for the others posters. My Trophy came with the heated low standard seat, which I found to be uncomfortable for any lengthy trips. Last year a friend offer me his Comfort Seat to try out since he initially didn't find much improvement either. I used it for a weekend trip to a rally in northern Georgia and put perhaps 1,800 miles on it by the time I returned home. I found the Comfort Seat to be so much better than the stock seat that I offered to buy my friend's seat. When he decided to keep it, I just ordered a new one (~$180) and have now put nearly 60K miles on it and still like it.

This past spring I bought a used Corbin seat and tried it for another weekend trip, but found that it didn't suit me as well as the Comfort Seat. I would like to try a Russell Day Long saddle, but the logistics of ordering it sight unseen and untested, as well as the price and the need to sacrifice a stock seat, have stopped me from getting one.

YMMV...

Don
2015 BMW R1200GSA 2004 BMW R1150RT
2013 Triumph Trophy SE 1981 Kaw KZ1000 Shaft
2010 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1974 Kaw Z1
2008 Kaw Concours 14 ABS 1973 Kaw H1

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 12:58:31 am »
I have tried many aftermarket and comfort seats over the years without much success. Then I discovered my problem wasn't the seats, but my anatomy. I have the dreaded "bony butt syndrome" there I said it. I have had the best luck with the stock seat and an Air Hawk R seat cushion.

Offline ZShyster

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Elmhurst, Illinois
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 01:25:12 am »
I have had my bike about a month.  It came with the low seat.  I found it too low and did not like sliding forward on it.  I picked up the standard comfort seat and found it much better.  I have about 600 miles on the comfort seat and I find it pretty good.  I have to do a 400 mile + day before I can say I will definitely not shop for another.

Offline Bluegrass

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Carlisle, KY
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2014, 02:16:42 am »
I like it a lot better than the stock low seat.  I'm 6' 1" with a 34" inseam.  I didn't need the low seat height.  More than that, however, the comfort seat is shaped better - it's "flatter".  The low seat made me feel like I was sitting on a downhill slope.

tweedy-bunch