Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Finally go to ride a Trophy today  (Read 2272 times)

Offline droptine1968

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: BMW R1200RT
  • City / Town: N.W. Ohio
Finally go to ride a Trophy today
« on: August 23, 2014, 10:16:26 pm »
I enjoyed the bike a lot.  I was stunned at how little wind noise there was when riding with the windshield at 2/3rds up.  I could hear the stereo speakers easily at highway speeds.  Shifting is so smooth on this bike that it caused to shift up to neutral instead of getting into 2nd gear a few times, but I can get accustomed to shifting properly, and I think a shift peg extender would help.  Did not really get an opportunity to give it a whole lot of throttle because of traffic, but could feel the power was there.  This bike was their demo and less then 500 miles on it, so not even broken in quite yet.  Overall, I liked the bike, and could see moving from BMW, though I've not yet ridden the new 2014 BMW R1200rt yet.   I'm not tall and would need to keep the seat in the low position but  I could have used about a 1/2 to an inch lower on the pegs.  So highway pegs will be must for the long rides. 

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
Re: Finally go to ride a Trophy today
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 07:14:05 am »
You will have trouble riding the new RT as they have all been recalled!

Glad you liked the TTSE, it is an easy bike to ride well.

Later

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 08:33:45 am »
Hi droptine68 and  :400:  to the Forum !

AFAIK there are no official after market foot peg lowering kits available yet for the Trophy,
( unless anyone knows different ? ), but there are some separate Forum discussions about them,
including some "home-made" ideas here : Lowered Footpegs

Offline droptine1968

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: BMW R1200RT
  • City / Town: N.W. Ohio
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 09:46:22 pm »

Yesterday, I was at my BMW dealer getting a recall done, and though they have the shocks in and have repaired some customer's bikes, they did not get the shock for their demo unit yet.  I was hoping they'd have had it ready to ride, being that I made the appointment a few weeks back.  The Triumph dealer is about 10 minutes from the BMW dealer, so I went their afterwards.  I would have no problem with the Trophy peg location for my normal commute or daily joy rides, so it would not prevent me from buying the bike, but engine bars and highway pegs would be bought and installed immediately.  When I decided to switch from cruisers to sport tourers in early 2011, the trophy se hadn't been announced yet, at least to my knowledge.  I was able to test ride just about all current sport tourers that I knew existed at the time, the Honda ST, Yammi FJR, Kawi Concourse Guzzi Norge and the BMW R1200RT, though didn't test any Kbikes.  Loved the look of the Norge the most, but the only one that I liked ergonomically was the RT.  Right now for what's on the market, the physical design of the Trophy, R1200, and K1600 are best physical fit for me, and I believe the best physically designed bikes when it comes to features, controls, etc....  Though, I don't really want a 1600 CC.   I'm content with the 1200 range of bikes regarding size and weight.   

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 12:13:31 am »
Glad you enjoyed your ride.  Sounds like you are taking the right approach in re searching.  I think it likely your ultimate choice will be the Trophy
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

tweedy-bunch