Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: PDM60 power distribution module  (Read 2417 times)

Offline shyoung1

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Front Royal
PDM60 power distribution module
« on: August 25, 2014, 03:33:51 am »
A search turns up 4 mentions of this nifty item, but nothing definitive about where a guy would place this on a Trophy. I would think you would want to be able to see the LED lights that will indicate a fault, and you would want to be able to get to it fairly easily to reprogram when you install a new accessory.
I'm thinking of putting it facing the fork, on the exterior of the battery cover, but not positive it will fit there yet.
Any ideas, including where to attach the ignition trigger wire also, altho, if I understand these instructions, items can also be triggered from ground, which may be much easier.
Anybody have experience with this, please speak up!
Thanking you in advance,
Steve

Offline joyrider

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: Macedonia
Re: PDM60 power distribution module
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 12:48:04 pm »
Put mines under the seat. Run one circuit to power gps on and off. Another circuit for additional lighting. Works great.

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 09:16:02 pm »
It will fit next to the small underseat storage box I think.  I used a Rivco 6 terminal fuse block, wired a trigger through a relay to it so the terminals are only hot when the switch is on and installed 2 Gerbings panel mount coax ports on the left side cover with fuse rated high enough on each coax to run full gear for rider and passenger if necessary.  The whole thing only cost about $60-$70 to do.  I'm also running my GPS off of one circuit so it's a switched circuit, and I get no battery drain that way.  PDM60's are nice though, because they use resettable circuit breakers instead of a fuse and they have other bells and whistles being solid state.  Short answer to your question though is it should fit under the seat as best I recall from the dimensions, and a strip of adhesive backed Velcro should keep it in place nicely.
Ride safe
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Luckycharms

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Pennsylvania
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 03:18:32 am »
Trophies do you have a picture of where you mounted the gerbing coax ports?
2013 Triumph Trophy SE Lunar Silver
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050 (gone)
2006 Suzuki SV650S (gone)

tweedy-bunch