Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: After market seats/seats with backrests/backrests  (Read 2380 times)

Offline BlueStreak

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ocala, FL
After market seats/seats with backrests/backrests
« on: August 31, 2014, 09:09:14 pm »
  :187:    I just put 3000 on my new Trophy SE and determined I really would like a backrest.  Corbin makes a seat with a backrest, but it is pricey and my experience with Corbin is the seats are very hard.  No one else has made a seat yet that I can find.  I am wondering if anyone has purchased just a backrest and installed it with the stock seat.  Thanks for any input.
Happy to be riding! 
Nancy (BlueStreak)

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: After market seats/seats with backrests/backrests
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 10:01:04 pm »
Hi BlueStreak,

AFAIK there is no backrest that has been designed ( yet  :038: )
that can be added to any of the variations of seat that Triumph supply for the Trophy.

In case you haven't spotted it yet - there is a very useful "SEARCH" button on the forum -
always worth giving that a go first - if you type "backrest" into the Search field, and and then click Search,
you will ( as at now ) get a total of 35 different Threads discussing the same thing that you can read up on,
and may find some useful information in one or more of them  :028:

Cheers  :821:

Offline rustynut01

• Trophy Member
  • Rustynut
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Oshawa
Re: After market seats/seats with backrests/backrests
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 11:19:24 am »
I just did a long trip myself, if you just want comfort and function, A good pillow and 2 bungee cords securing the pillow right behind you does the trick. If you care about looks, the corbin is a fancy seat but is very firm and while your back is supported your gonna get a sore butt as the seat breaks you in. (I owned one on my 650 burgman) before I upgraded. Your butt will feel like  :192: