Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Trip Settings  (Read 2243 times)

Offline PaulG

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Brisbane
Trip Settings
« on: September 02, 2014, 09:51:02 am »
Hi everyone.  My first question so please be gentle.  I did try to search for this but couldn't find an answer.  The manual for my TTSE seems to suggest that I can set the top and bottom lines of the Trip 1 and Trip 2 display to any of the items in the list of possibilities (p38-40).  When I try to do this I find I cannot set TPMS or TES to the upper or lower display area.  Both will display in the centre area and are part of the variety of data that I can scroll through.  Has anyone else been able to set the TPMS or TES readouts to display in the permanent upper or lower areas of the Trip displays?  Am I reading the manual incorrectly?  Its true that I am inexperienced with reading manuals.

Thanks very much for the help.

Paul

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Trip Settings
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 10:24:36 am »
The Owners Handbook does seem a bit ambiguous about this ....

It seems to say that you should be able to select either of those options to display on the Upper or Lower line,
( it doesn't say that those two items can not be selected to be displayed there,
only that an item cannot be displayed on more than one of the 3 lines ).

Because the two items you mention are both "options" fitted to the Trophy,
i.e TPMS is not fitted to all Trophy's, and TES is only on the SE model,
I'm wondering whether they can only be displayed on the centre line,
or whether there is something in the Dealer configuration menu that needs to be enabled ?

Offline PaulG

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 11:09:14 am »
There's a dealer configuration menu?  Thanks Coconut.  I'll ask the dealer about it next time I'm there.

Paul

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 12:12:53 pm »
G'day Paul,

Coconut's response makes sense. I normally have the TPMS readouts on the centre line with distance to empty on top line and trip meter on the bottom line. On trips I scroll through the centre readout.

I recall when I first got the bike I had a digital speedometer in mph on the top line. Couldn't workout how to get it to read in kph so ditched it and haven't thought about until now.
Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Offline PaulG

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 12:49:40 pm »
Thanks Bob.  I don't want the digital speedo as I have a GPS which has the (accurate) speed on the display.  To change from miles to Klms, I would have thought you go to the settings menu (p41 of the manual) and then choose bike setup (p46) and then units.  Does this not work for the speed?  Perhaps there is more to this dealer setup menu than I thought.

Paul

Offline towersk

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy Launch
  • City / Town: Granger IN
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 12:05:49 pm »
To change the digital speedometer from MPH to KPH select the speedometer as the top or bottom line in the trip setup, select it and then you can scroll to MPH or KPH in the same window.
Cheers,
Ken

tweedy-bunch