Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Radio off low voltage.  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Radio off low voltage.
« on: March 25, 2013, 09:55:00 AM »
I had "Radio off low voltage" come up as a warning twice over the weekend.
Didn't affect the bike, anyone else?
Simon

Online Trophy Bike

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: New York
Re: Radio off low voltage.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 12:39:15 PM »
Happened to me the day I picked up the bike several times.  It means the voltge is low and the radio will automatically be shut down.  I checked my battery with a volt meter and found it was low. i think it was below 12 volts.  A helathy 12 volt battery should be above 12 volts while the bike is off.
Dealer never juiced it up I suspect. 
Anyway, put it on the Battery Tender and it came up to snuff.  It held a charge over 12 volts (12.9-12.7) for the week while it sat in a cold garage.  Then I ran it again and no problems, no low voltage warnings.
After my ride (with a heated vest on) it was still close to 13 volts.  So, in my case it looks like the battery was never charged up after sitting for months.  Hopefully, yours is the same.  Also, check the output coming from the alternator as one person had a total failure and several had bad batteries from the outset. 
Start by charging it up!
Oh, i was told a long time ago (i dont know if it still holds true consdeiring todays charging systems and improved batteries) that a partially depleted battery will never really be brought up to a proper full charge on the bikes alternator alone.  the Bettery Tender or something similar is a good place to start. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:43:31 PM by Trophy Bike »

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 08:22:03 AM »
Thanks for the info.
I will check out the battery voltage. After all the run time its had over the last 3 days it should be right up there.
Actually I will see what the dealer says tomorrow first & post back.

Simon

Online Trophy Bike

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 01:46:30 PM »
Safest thing will be to request a new battery but just for kicks check out the voltage and also see what kind of volts you are getting while the bike is running. 
probably just a crappy battery

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 01:50:00 PM »
I've had the same message once, even though the bike had been run more than enough to have the battery fully charged. That was after being left for 1 day. It started no problem though.
Caoimhín

Online Trophy Bike

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 05:15:28 PM »
I wonder how sensitive this low voltage warning is to even a small drop in voltage?  Anyway, check the battery out and also make sure it is being charged.  Load test it if you can.  There were some posts about battery failures on some of the bikes.  Mine seems to be holding fine after a long Battery Tender charge but who knows - maybe it is no good over the long term.  For now, I'm happy it starts and the fork seals are still in one piece - for now  :001:

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 07:36:03 AM »
Update on the Radio Off Low Voltage message.
Dealer says the radio needed to be regionised and will now be fine.
I think that means enter your region in the setup. Funny that it brings up the low voltage message but we shall see how it goes. All is working fine at the moment and hooked up my HTC phone to bluetooth no problems.
Loving this bike.
Simon

Online Trophy Bike

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 12:55:59 PM »
Not sure about that but I wil try it as well.  I got that error when I picked up the bike and when I started it at home - until I charged the battery.