More fun in the sun here in Iowa by iowabikerider
[Today at 10:01:06 am]

2015 trophy se keeps blowing tse fuse by Hopper
[Today at 08:21:21 am]

Onen Hag Oll by Coconut
[Today at 08:02:48 am]

Garmin zumo 660 and Tomtom Rider 400 by Stefra
[Today at 05:33:10 am]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Slow down guys!  (Read 4369 times)

Offline madshep

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Boston, Lincolnshire

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Slow down guys!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 03:55:47 pm »
That really brings things home....

What a moving testimony from David's mother and a very brave thing for her to do to release that video...

If only one person pays attention to the message it is showing and a life is saved it will be worth it....

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:47:54 pm by cropbiker »
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 05:41:05 pm »
A tragic waste of life.

:127:

Coconut

Offline davidcumbria

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue SE 2014
  • City / Town: South Lakes
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 06:18:12 pm »
Horrible to watch. 97mph in those road/ traffic conditions gave himself no chance. His family have done a great service in releasing this.

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
  • Enjoy life but don't take dangerous risks.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: West Wickham
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 07:37:17 pm »
Not wishing to provoke any thoughts being a devil's advocate (and hoping to have an alternate view) and just joining the I.A.M skills for life course.

1) was the overtake not justifiable?
2) Was it SO unsafe (with the exception of the speed)? big cc bikes take seconds to gather speed/overtake. And he may have had enough time to thank the driver as he overtook and didn't need to do that speed?
3) Would you not agree even slightly -  that there was reasonable amount of space to do it briskly and safely and drop off his speed in time?

I have seen and done a few overtakes myself but then returned to a speed that is suitable to the road conditions present. I still believe he would have made it had he reduced his speed after the overtake and taken into consideration the hazard ahead.

Something I have been constantly told by my group that IPSGA applies to all my rides. I know that this doesn't matter for the rider now..... but from a safety point of view it makes you analyse the video footage and question one's own riding ability and decision making and reflexes how well do i know your trophy ability?

My thoughts go out to his family and friends and some to the driver who killed this young rider.

GJ-Trophy :110:
1st bike Yamaha DT125, 2nd bike Yamaha XV535 Virago 3rd bike Honda CBR 1000 F, 4th bike Honda Hornet 600 (story to tell) 5th bike Suzuki B-King 1300, 6th bike Suzuki GSX1250 FA. Then comes the cream of them all the TTSE in Blue the best colour in my opinion ....... :-)

Offline av8or-dave

• Trophy Pro
  • Got Mine 8 OCT '18 - officially in the club now!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '17 TTSE & '82 SECA
  • City / Town: Liverpool
Rushing Roulette!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 07:40:18 pm »
I'm going to combine the works of two very famous British scientist to explain the facts of this incident!

Going faster the the Laws of Physics will allow an appropriate reactions was part of Sir Newton's Laws of Motion discoveries and teaching to the world, from them modern day appropriate road speeds are derived!

From Charles Darwin's discoveries we know that failure to adapt properly to one's environment means doomed to continue on!

Thus, failure to adhere to Newton's lessons, demonstrates Darwins!

When a motorcycle mets a car, survival of the BIGGEST!

I say, tragic that this guy couldn't control himself, and glad he's not on the roads where I drive!

Hope every rider that behaves this way by playing "RUSHING ROULETTE", only hurt themselves, and hasn't already passed on their dumb genes to the next generation of riders!

If they have, hope his next generatiion learns from their "not the fittest to survive" lesson!

Those are the cold hard "reality" facts!

As a MEDEVAC pilot, I've picked up many of them!  This summer a 28 year old here was going over 100 MPH in a 55 zone on the Liverpool (NY-USA) bypass, lost it and went head-on into oncoming traffic and killed himself (I don't feel sorry for him at all!), and the driver of the other vehicle. I really feel sorry for that innocent guy and his family!!!

Have fun, keep the wheels safely down and rolling - but not like the chamber of a loaded gun!
Don't pick a fight with an old guy, because if he can't fight - he'll just kill you!

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 10:46:19 pm »
Overtaking approaching a junction with a car already sat in the filter lane to turn right across traffic SHOULD Have had his spidey sense tingling like mad.

Of course it is easy to say that in hindsight and how many of us are guilty at least once in our biking lives of overtaking inappropriately.... And remember it only has to be once!

Any loss of life on the road is awful. But in this accident, as in nearly all there is not just the life lost but the lives traumatised by loss and guilt.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 06:16:49 am »
Yes this video was also posted on Facebook ...to less than universal acclaim
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST