Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Distance to service due on startup  (Read 4122 times)

Offline PaulG

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Brisbane
Distance to service due on startup
« on: September 13, 2014, 12:10:58 am »
Hi All,

I did a search on this but didn't find a thread so I'm even more concerned that it is just me.  Sorry if my search skills are underdeveloped.  When I first turn on the ignition on my TT SE I get the readout for the distance I have left until the next service is due.  Now the readout says it is in Klms but I'm getting the miles distances.  For example, when I had 300klms on the bike it said I had 200 to go to the 1st service.  I now have 800klms on the bike and it says -300klms to the next service.  The Odo and trips read in Klms.  The bike just doesn't seem to have converted the 500 mile 1st service to 800klms.

Could someone in a metric country please advise if their TT is the same as this or if they have the correct distances in Klms.

Many thanks for the help,

Paul

Offline PaulG

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
Re: Distance to service due on startup
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 07:35:58 am »
Ok, seems like no one had the answer and perhaps I now know why..  I took the bike in for its first service today (1100klms - a bit late).  After I have it back it now displays the Odo reading when I turn on the ignition switch but no linger gives a distance to service reading.  Perhaps its just something for the first service only.

On a side note, I had a loan bike.  A brand new DL1000 V-Strom.  It had the wonderful Suzuki gear box but it really just felt like a big chookie (mmm that might be an Australianism - Chookie - Chook Chaser - trail bike).  Much more so than my previous Tiger 1050.  It felt like it would be very capable for fire trails etc.  Nevertheless, I was very happy to get the TTSE back.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 08:45:40 am »
Hi PaulG,

Sorry - don't know how or why but I missed your orginal post  :138:

I had the same think happen to me - it's nothing to worry about -
my Dealer just forgot to reset the Service reminder when they did the 500.

Yours correctly read 200 to go when you had done 300,
then at 800 it also correctly read "-" 300.
The minus sign means it's 300 overdue. ( Because it hasn't been reset / hasn't been serviced ).

If you got to 1100 before completing the 500 service it would have read "-600" !

Now that it's been reset, it will come on again as you approach 10,000  :028:

Cheers  :821:

« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 08:48:15 am by Coconut »

Offline PaulG

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 09:30:35 am »
Thanks for the reply Coconut.  You may have misunderstood slightly.  I am in Australia so the bike is set to kilometres rather than miles.  So at 300 it should have said 500 to go not 200 to go etc.  Anyway, it may have been fixed now.  I suppose I'll have to wait until I get close to 10,000 to see if it comes on again.

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 09:41:12 am »
Howdy from Canberra. I never got that message on mine before the first service.  And I waited for 1000kms for the first service as that is what the dealer recommended.  Standard service intervals built into the instruments are 16,000kms unless changed by the dealer or using Dealertool software.

My first three services were a bit out of whack as the ECU was replaced at 13,oookms so I got the 16,000kms service done then, and I went over the major 32,000kms service by 5,000kms but changed the oil filter and oil before 32,000kms. The next service may actually be at the right time!

Offline PaulG

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 12:47:01 pm »
Thanks Saaz.  It sounds like the correct intervals can be programmed into the instruments then.

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 01:42:24 pm »
It can. Using the dealertool software, te Trophy and Explorer can have any service interval set up to recommended 16,000kms (other Triumph models a maximum of 10,000kms). If you prefer shorter (say for just oil and filter inbetween the 16,000kms), ask the dealer to do it.

Offline PaulG

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 01:47:35 pm »
Thanks Saaz.  I ask the dealer to check it.  There is a side stand recall apparently so I'll get them to look at it then.  I would have thought being a 2015 model year and only build in August it would be up to date.  Perhaps this is something new.

Paul

tweedy-bunch