Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: hi from snowy brackley uk  (Read 3111 times)

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
hi from snowy brackley uk
« on: March 26, 2013, 09:12:38 PM »
Went to the trophy launch and liked the look.  I do a lot of miles and tour France once a year with a  group of other IAM observers.  I already have a sprint 1050 and tiger 955i [also a MV agusta but it is not a triumph!].  I am seriously thinking of swapping one [and some cash] for a trophyespecially as the tour of France is two up and she finds the others uncomfortable for anything more than 200 miles.  So I am interested in pillion experiences.  Also is the heated seat harder?  As soon as the snow goes I will try to get a test ride.

John

Offline Caoimhín

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
Re: hi from snowy brackley uk
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 12:59:11 PM »
Hi John and welcome. The heated seat is not harder. It just has a thin heating layer, like a miniture electric blanket, added. Overall the rear seat accomodations should be way more acceptable than the bikes you mention, especially if you go with the optional topbox.
Caoimhín

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 01:37:27 PM »
Hi John

My GF Sarah loves the bike. She always thought the CB1300 seat was unbeatable for comfort until she rode on the back of the Trophy. I ride most days from Peterborough to Milton Keyes (a 100 mile round trip). Most mornings it is -1 when I set off and with the grips and the seat on I am as snug as can be. The fairing protects me from the worst of the elements. I could never have done that on the CB in those temperatures.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 08:54:08 PM »
Thanks for replies.  I ride from Brackley to Syston just north of leicester just about each day.  I am also observer with Milton Keynes!

I will try to get a test ride but looks like come on trophy just if I have to which bike to get rid of?

John

Offline loads of miles

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Silver
  • City / Town: Welwyn Garden City
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 09:00:36 PM »
Hi john 348
My previous bike was a Yamah Fazer 1000 and my wife and I have had three tours abroard Spain France Italy and we had tow Givi paniers .We now have the Tropth SE with TOP BOX including back rest and Elaine says the Trophy is so much more comfortable more room and she just loves the heated seats .Easy to use grab rail  with gloved hands and good sating position ....So yes a good two up machine  We are of to Switzerland in Sept cant wait.
Enjoy
Loads of miles

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 06:34:16 PM »
Put a deposit on a launch  model with tank bag and GPS mount thrown in!  :156: could be ready Friday or Saturday.  Just got to get there to pick it up. Oh and need to make room in the garage

John

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 05:42:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by john348 [+]
Put a deposit on a launch  model with tank bag and GPS mount thrown in!  :156: could be ready Friday or Saturday.  Just got to get there to pick it up. Oh and need to make room in the garage

John

Hi John  :401:
The ride is superb solo or two up. Over 200 miles now and you can count on one hand the mileage I've done solo. Also completed a couple of 500+ mile days and neither of us really wanted to get off.
You wont be disappointed  :046:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 07:30:39 PM »
Thanks for the replies it is forums like these that add to the experience.  I pick it up tomorrow morning.  The GPS mount and tank bag are fitted. :001:

John

tweedy-bunch